What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with camouflage for fabric

GeorgeGeorge

Hello. I'm using an online repeating camouflage vector to create a fabric for pants. The only issue is that the image is a little to...sharp, so to speak. I know if I were to put it on pants, it would look like it was straight off a computer. So, my question is this: how do I fade an image slightly so that it's more toned down and casual?

Thank you!

I'm not sure what you mean by sharp but if the camouflage is too high quality for the picture you can go to filters/blur and try out the blurs to see which fits (there is probably a specific one but im not too good with the filters)

if its to saturated (meaning the colour is too bright) you can use this image/adjustments/hue and saturation and bring the saturation down from there.

if its too opaque you can bring down the opacity by clicking on the layer and on top beside the layer mode you can bring it down.

also if you want to texture something in Photoshop (like camouflage the pants) you should play around with the layer mode:
http://www.psdtop.com/blog/wp-content/images/020_Blending-Modes/blending-mode.jpg

It depends on what printing process you are going to be using, as the blur filters etc, are useless when printing on fabric. Unless it is a digital print, in which case, you don't need a vector.

More info on printing method and maybe an example of what the vector looks like are needed before a proper answer can be given.

yea you're right he should post his picture and the vector to see what is needed I just said that in a general manner, but yea the blur is useless cuz its a vector but I said that cuz he said its to sharpthis topic is really interesting to me idk why but here is sample I made this is basically with the camouflage layer being overlay and I brought the layer's saturation down a bit cloudveil-jensen-pant-mens-safari-6562275-xl.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a sample shot of what the camouflage will look like: http://www.spoonflower.com/designs/1535230

To get an accurate reference shot, select 'Test Swatch', right by the Quantity option.

The overall look is good, but like I said, I fear that when made into pants, the shapes will come off a bit sharp, and not have a real natural fabric look.

I don't think that should be a problem if your are using basic cotton since naturally cotton has a some what rough texture but then again there is the method of the printing as spruce said

Back