What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help with Intro to Photoshop/Beginner Tutorial Video...

Ross

Hey all, I'm planning on putting together an updated Beginner Photoshop Tutorial that I am expecting to be quite long. I was wondering if the kind folks here have any input as to what should be included in such a video? I've started compiling a list of ideas, but generally wanted to get feedback from all levels to see what everyone thinks would make a great intro to photoshop video!

Thanks in advance!

Hey Ross.

I'm not sure that another Photoshop beginner tutorial or Photoshop introduction video is what the Ps world needs, there's already hundreds of them. The thing I see most often is the lack of understanding for layering and the inability to use the Pen Tool but these are covered as well.

Unless you're looking to do something completely different than what's already out there, I would rather see you devote time and effort at blazing a new trail for Ps techniques that no one has seen before, or maybe they have seen but there are no tutorials for. For instance, a convincing wet street tutorial or Creating a specific type of pattern.

About Ps layers....................the problem that I see with your standard run of the mill layer tutorials is that layers are explained but not demonstrated. The viewer has no idea about the concept of layering. I once saw a layer demo in a classroom setting that explained layering using transparencies and an overhead projector. I would like to see a video were the presenter gets in front of the camera and uses something similar to the overhead projector to convey the concept of layering (in detail). That would be unique and helpful.

@IamSam all great points, so far my list does cover those basics that have been covered before- but they go a little bit more in depth. From my research like you said, the videos that are out there give a very high-level overview but lack of actually showing what can be done with those basics.

For instance, that whole layers palette (glad you brought it up) no one demonstrates the importance of the search box within layers and how to use it. I plan to go over that, with a demo psd that has close to 100 layers. Or using layers within artboards and why that would be beneficial for designers (not just for image manipulators/compositors)

Back