What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Need help with logo

tlm75

I am very new to photoshop and am creating a logo for my kennel. I have this design done and I am liking the layout, but I need to render the color different. I used a logo mockup that created this same design using grays and silvers with an embossed look. How can I get this look on the logo itself? I attached the psd files of the mockup I used, I tried to replicate it but can't figure it out. Thank you for your help

Attachments

• Logo1.psd
    6.6 MB · Views: 7
  • Logo1mockup.jpg
    Logo1mockup.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • Logo1b.jpg
    Logo1b.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Please help me understand what is original and what is the target effect you are trying to achieve.

ORIGINAL is marked below is the original Logo1mockup with the embossed look and color differences is the target. I realize the 'mockup' was just to show what it would look like on an embossed card but I love those colors and since I used a drag and drop template I am confused as to how to get the effect on the flat logo

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • Logo1mockup.jpg
    Logo1mockup.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • Logo1.psd
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
At first glance, the differences I see is pink on original being replaced by Silvery Grey on the mockup, no colouring/shading on the dog. Is this your reading as well or do you see any other changes?

As for the text, you can create a new layer and clip it onto the "Corazon Azul" Layer. Fill the new Layer with black color over the text and change its blending mode to "Saturation"

1.PNG

As for the Dog Silhouette, double click on the "Gradient Overlay" Effect and it'll open up the Menu.

Change the Gradient overlay to the one that I have marked with the Red Box and adjust the scale accordingly. Make sure you check the "Reverse" box, so that black is on top, gray is towards the bottom.

2.PNG

As for the other part of the image, I'm still trying to figure out how to accomplish that. Tried several effects and what not. Will get back to you shortly, unless someone else manages to figure it out before me.

What I can figure is you are trying to have an embossed look for the whole logo " heart flames " as well? so It looks like it's embossed on the paper?
Because the type of logo and the flames you are using they won't look good embossed as it will create this " stroke " effect around the flames and would look un-natural. I seen something like this before on a business card where parts of the flames where embossed to give it a raised look and texture .

Back