What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help with printing graphic full size in trial CS5

franskids13

I'm using the trial version of photoshop CS5 and am having trouble printing.
My graphic size is 9.4" x 6.3". However, when I print, it comes out as a tiny thumbnail, about 1.25".
How do I get it to print the full size?

Hoogle

Guru
sounds like your image is set up wrong. in photoshop go to view> print size and that should show you what it will print if printing in photoshop. and then adjust the size accordingly and check you have the size in inches or cms not mm on those dimensions

franskids13

This is what is in the print dialog box, under scaled print size:

H is 13.999
W is 9.4
Scale is 148.06%
Resolution is 135 ppi

This is the image size and how I want it to print:

H 9.455
W 6.36
resolution 200 ppi

Hoogle

Guru
go to image >size and increase it to the dimensions you have with constrain proportions on so if you change the height the width should change automatically. and take the scale down to 100% that should bring the print size back down to how you want it. However changing the dpi may make the image go slightly blurry so I would not touch that if I was you .

franskids13

I'm so confused.
I don't know why I have to change the dimensions for my graphic. I've been printing it for years with photoshop CS.
Why can't I just print it?

Hoogle

Guru
because if you look photoshop is actually scaling it up with the zoom without seeing the actual image it is hard to say what is going on maybe someone else can help you out I never actually print within photoshop.

franskids13

I now have the same dimensions in the print dialog box as the image size for my graphic, but it still prints out in a tiny thumbnail, no matter what size I put in.
I can't figure out why. It's probably something really simple that I'm overlooking.
I hope you can help me.

Paul

Former Member
Are you checking the printers size options file before you click 'OK'?

franskids13

I can't find a printers size options.
I finally got it to print the image size I wanted by selecting 'photoshop defaults' instead of 'driver defaults' in my print settings.

franskids13

I really need to find out what the problem is.

I'm using the trial version of Photoshop CS5 for windows.
I just bought a new emachines computer with 64 bit.
I'm printing to a Xerox Phaser 7760

PS is not compatible with either the computer or the printer or both.

I need a strong graphics program for my work (I sell my prints made from my paintings).
However, I don't want to sink a lot of money into CS5 if I can't get it to work.

Xerox claims it is not a printer issue because everything else I print from my computer, outside of Photoshop, prints fine with no problems.

franskids13

I've been able to print some pages without a problem, but not consistently.

A graphics student, who uses Photoshop CS5, came over yesterday to help me and he told me that there is a compatibility issue somewhere.

Hoogle

Guru
try changing your file format save it as a different file type if it is psd then try tiff or vice versa. Do you have a printing suite software that came with your printer you could always save the file so it will be recognised by that and see if it prints properly.

If all seems ok then maybe try resetting your photoshop preference file by closing photoshop relaunch it from the start menu and immediately press control+shift+alt as it is loading and confirm deletion of preference file you may have changed something without knowing