What's new

Need some help cutting out a few holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarrenBerry

Hey there,

i have NO experience in drawing or these programs in general. I am trying to add 6 more holes to someone else's work in the hopes that I can get this sent off to a laser cutter.... reason is irrelevant.

Anywho I need help on what I need to do to add these three holes and maintain the proper spacing and size base on the previous 6(per side). Photos to follow

Attachments

WarrenBerry

"Why does this remind me of a security card Key?"

Lol. What its for is a mame arcade box. The 6(9) holes are for buttons. If you look you will see a smaller hole surrounded by four smaller holes. those are mounts for the joysticks.

Heres a photo of the finished product some other guy did. I hope to use his template and add 3 extra buttons per player but cant figure out Corel Draw.

Once I do, however, I can get the template laser cut on plastic and use a CNC machine for the wood. The rest is wiring which is easy enough.

Attachments

Last edited:

hawkeye

Guru
Use the rectangular marque tool to select the 3 circles. Hit ctr+alt+t, now hold the shift key to keep it aligned and drag down to the position you want (use the blue lines as a guide to placement). When you have right hit enter and de-select.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WarrenBerry

RE Hawkeye:

Dear Sir, the object itself is the grey background. Using Ctrl Alt + T I cannot select the holes themselves. I can certainly bring up a marquee tool using the commands you have provided me with( though I cannot find it in corel draw) and I do understand that shift "binds" the object to a spline...

I cant select the three holes. Its like the object itself is the arcade board and the holes are cut in the object itself.

This is going off to a manufacturer where they will read this in a CNC program and cut this in both wood and plastic.

Laurynnem

I can help you in Corel. But I'm not sure - is it just the spacing of the button you are having a problem with? Thats the only difference I see in the 2 images as you already have the extra buttons. Whichever, let me know and I'm pretty sure I can help you here.

iDad

Guru
This guy hasn't been back here since he posted Last Activity 05-13-2011 06:06 PM, over a month ago, I'll assume he is all set. If not he can request to reopen.

Status
Not open for further replies.