What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help with M&M Character

5ton

Im trying the make the M&M that is cut in half right below the crispy logo but just cant get it. Can anyone help with how or a tutorial on how to? Im having trouble with the top.

2015-18C-CripsyMMs-Web-Low.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hi 5Ton,
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sure you can get some help here on your issue. That sliced M&M is an illustration and probably was created in a vector program such as Ai. The overall size of the graphic is a giveaway. Not to say it can't be done in Photoshop. Possibly one of our learned illustrators will come along and help you out.

5ton

Hi 5Ton,
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sure you can get some help here on your issue. That sliced M&M is an illustration and probably was created in a vector program such as Ai. The overall size of the graphic is a giveaway. Not to say it can't be done in Photoshop. Possibly one of our learned illustrators will come along and help you out.

Thanks...and hope someone can..:)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Of course it can get a bit more complicated but here is the basic technique. This is just a basic explanation.

Just use the Ellipse Tool to section the M&M with a layer mask.
Two section ellipse's are required. You can texture both if you desire and if I had time I would paint the texture in.

Here is the layers panel.
Note that the filling layer is clipped to the white ellipse layer.

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 9.02.58 AM.png

Result.....

Screen Shot 2014-12-05 at 8.55.38 AM.png

Last edited:

5ton

Of course it can get a bit more complicated but here is the basic technique. This is just a basic explanation.

Just use the Ellipse Tool to section the M&M with a layer mask.
Two section ellipse's are required. You can texture both if you desire and if I had time I would paint the texture in.

Here is the layers panel.
Note that the filling layer is clipped to the white ellipse layer.

View attachment 51163

Result.....

View attachment 51162

Thanks IamSam but would you have any idea on how the filling in the original be made?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
"Thanks IamSam but would you have any idea on how the filling in the original be made?"

Not really since we don't have a good image file of the graphic to examine, but if I were guessing I would say it was painted.