What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some Noob type help please

JustStarting

Very basic question im sure... but..

Im trying to make that blue line in the attached picture.

Starting from left to right on the blue line...I would like:

- first upstroke to be a nice straight line, coming to a point
- next bit, downstroke, to be a nice smooth curve, that ends with the dotting of the "i" in Signs

Hope this is not to basic a question.

Please dumb down any steps for me, as ive JustStarted ! :)

hi and welcome........ now let's see if I can help you.......
for the first part the straith line click where you would like to start
then hold down the shift key and click where you want it to end
click new layer at the bottom of the layers pallet
select a nice big brush (you may have to select the 19 round and make it a 200) then click on the layer once so that you now have a nice big circle
now click the erraser and again change your brush size so that you can errase most of the circle to leave you with the thickness you want the curve to be
if you find it is not in the right spot use your move tool resize if you need to
then with a smaller brush you can erase other parts of the now half circle outline to make the dashes
either click new layer or just on this last layer that you have been working on simply select a smaller brush and put the blue dot where you want it above the i
hope this helps....... it is a really quick way of doing it
sfm

Here, this should explain things...

The dots at the end can simply be added with round brushes of varying sizes; down to the i dot size.

Any questions, just ask.

Thanks Sfm and Mark !

Thats awesome, was that part of a tutorial Mark ?

Its opened up a whole new set of commands for me, I never knew you could click on the additional options past shape dynamics... so very very cool.

I'll post my new image soon :D

wahhhhhhhhh that looks excellent Juststarting (your gonna have to change your name now he he he)
sfm

Looks great Just starting!

Awesome tute Mark, I learned some from that.

Where'd you get that groovy skin?

Sanby

Back