What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Urgent Help

navachaitanya

Hi every one i am new to this forum and i need help of of Photoshop effect
here i am explaining what i need is i have seen many photos were people with jewellery and those photos were changed with Photoshop effects to that only gold jewellery with gold color and remaining photo will b in black and white
can any one please tell me that how it can be done in Photoshop and how
is there filter or software. Please tell i want to know about that
thanks in advance and i am attaching photos for example which i have

Attachments

• gold_jewel_effect_color.jpg
    gold_jewel_effect_color.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 1
  • gold_jewel_effect.jpg
    gold_jewel_effect.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 0

hawkeye

Guru
Add a B&W adjustment layer, paint with black on the mask to conceal the B&W on the jewelry.

hawkeye

Guru
It's relatively simple to do as my first post indicates, but it seems apparent that you have a minimal knowledge of Photoshop. You might be better off just paying someone to do the work for you.

webwize

Like Hawkeye says it's real easy to do, just paint on a mask after adding a black and white adjustment layer, if you post up an example of an image you are working on it should be easy to talk you through it step by step.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I agree with the others. I don't think there is any shortcut, not that I am aware of (doesn't mean there isn't...). If the jewelry had clean sharp lines, I'd recommend a pen tool to isolate it, but with this particular example, there are relatively soft edges and that makes painting on the mask a fairly simple thing to do, just time-consuming.

People often think that the Photoshop work they see is like a wham, bam, thank you ma'am quickie job. But that is not often the case, at least until you'e done the same thing over and over again. Give the method Hawkeye describes a try.

Do you know about using the mask on an adjustment layer? Sorry if you do; I'm not meaning to talk down to you. When you make a layer adjustment you get the clipping layer above and a mask. If you paint with black on the mask, you will remove the effects of the adjustment from the layer it is clipped to. Good luck and have fun.