What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Brush

Larry

Hi all, haven't been around for a while due to work :{ So first, let me say I hope you all had a merry Christmas, and a great New Year. Here is an interesting one for the gurus: Someone on another site created a brush that does a "rust" effect. The file, however, is a .tpl file. I put it in the "tools" folder, and when loaded, it does show a brush called "Rust-1". But I do not know how to get the actual brush into the Brushes palette. Anyone have any ideas? I'll try to attach the file below....

Larry

OOPS, don't think I can attach it as it is a ".tpl"

G

I found this article about presets:

"How to load a Tool Preset.

The are a couple of ways to load a Tool Preset. You can use the Preset Manager found under the Edit menu or you can use the Tool Presets palette.

To load the .tpl file from the Preset Manager go to Edit - Preset Manager and then at the top of the dialog box click-drag to select Tools. Then click on the Load button and navigate to the location where you saved the .tpl file. Click to highlight the .tpl file and click Load. Finally click Done to close the Preset Manager dialog box.

To load the .tpl file from the Tool Presets palette go to Window - Tool Presets. Click the arrow in the upper right corner of the Tool Presets palette to open the drop-down menu and click on Load Tool Presets...

You can also click on the icon on the far left of the Tool Bar. This will open a drop-down menu of loaded presets. Click the arrow in the upper right corner of the drop-down palette to open the drop-down menu and click on Load Tool Presets...

How to use a Tool Preset.

Once a Tool Preset is loaded you can access it from a number of locations. If you have the Tool Preset palette open just click on the desired preset to make it active. You can also click on the icon on the far left of the Tool Bar. This will open a drop-down menu of loaded presets. Click on the desired preset to make it active. Once you have activated the preset it is ready to use."

I tried it out and it works (attachment)

Larry

Thanks Gaus [excited] I'll try it out tonight.....and you were able to load the brush into the brush palette itself from the tools section? I guess, or your example wouldn't have bee there, huh... [doh]

BTW where'd you find the article? Is there other "good to know" stuff there?

Larry