What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New "Drawing and Painting" forum.

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Today I removed the forum Products Reviews Feedback, since it didn't contain any threads, other than a thread explaining what the purpose of this forum was. For some reason people can already comment in the Product Reviews forum anyway.

At the same time I've added a new forum called "Drawing and Painting?. In the next few days I will add a few posts in that forum and you will get an idea why I decided to add this one. :)

:}
It's been a long time since I've hand drawn anything. I'll have to go dig some stuff up. I can't wait to see what other some member will come up with.
Thanks Gaussian! 8))

Drawing and painting ? as in oil on canvas etc. or digital?

ronmatt said:
Drawing and painting ? as in oil on canvas etc. or digital?

Both, but only things made in the traditional sense. So designs made with tools like shapes, vectors, imported images, layer styles, gradients, etc still belong in any of the other forums. However a sketch that was scanned and improved in Photoshop, that's ok with me.

Basically all the kind of stuff that you see at Cgtalk in this forum: http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=133

with the expection that this forum also includes everything made with traditional media and tools, like pen(cil), paint, pastel, etc.

It's not just intended as a gallery, it's also intended to discuss techniques, workflow, materials, etc, even discussions about tablets.

Great Idea, I'm looking forward to dicussing color harmony, I'm tired of using the same color but only darker to create shading, I'd like to hear how anyone else create them.

nitrobutler said:
Great Idea, I'm looking forward to dicussing color harmony, I'm tired of using the same color but only darker to create shading, I'd like to hear how anyone else create them.

Good question for the forum Nitro. I have experimented with tablet painting a few times and had descent success with the eye dropper tool in combination with the color picker window. I also believe it's the technique that most artists use. Some also use a dedicated Photoshop color palette and I have Linda Bergkvist even seen using her document as a palette. What she does is that she uses a neutral space of her image, often the right side that she will crop off at a later stage, as an imitation of a real pallette like oil painters use where she can dabble as much as she wants.

Hi All , Scanning a drawing is quite awesome feature to add , Its fascinating and interesting step to keep the web site users up and excited , I really like this feature and will do the objective soon .Thanks for the news.

Drawing and painting sounds great. I've been trying to get used to painter 11....(Does that count?) but I always find myself back in photoshop.

:eek:fftopic: Our spammers seem to be stirring the pot again. This post was originally posted on 02-05-2007. :clap:

I think your changing must improve the efficiency of your website, and drawings and painting i also like when i was in Matriculation one of my subject is painting.

Back