What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New FREE plugin for Photoshop CC

Neo17

Now its easy to create your own blue skies and grass and not in a fake looking way, also you can create HDR photo's from a normal image and so much more, this new plugin does so much and its only going to get better, have a look at Kaotec's RetouchersPRO
This video is a bit outdated since we made changes, its now much easier to do the grass, also we added new feature to create grass aswel ,Subscribe to the youtube channel so that you can be notified on new tutorials and to know when the video uploads mentioning the release of the FREE version, if you guys download it and use it just let me know what you like about it and what you dont like

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Hi

I don't think you're offering anything that you can't already do in Photoshop, you can download free brushes, sky images and grass brushes totally free and it's not hard to replace a sky image using the tools already available in PS
In fact all of what you're offering can be done in Photoshop for free and you seem to be using PS tools anyway so I don't see the point of the extension, seems pointless to me

Neo17

Hi

I don't think you're offering anything that you can't already do in Photoshop, you can download free brushes, sky images and grass brushes totally free and it's not hard to replace a sky image using the tools already available in PS
In fact all of what you're offering can be done in Photoshop for free and you seem to be using PS tools anyway so I don't see the point of the extension, seems pointless to me
What I am offering is not a tool, but its my methods made into a very easy panel, I've already been through all tutorials and nothing comes close to mine, all blue sky methods damage edges of leaves, all grass replacements are sloppy, all brushes free are low quality, I can keep on mentioning the flaws of existing methods but that would be a waste of my time, and perhaps you could go on adobes website and tell everyone selling their plugins and extensions that its already in photoshop but they wont care to reply either because everyone knows the tools is in photoshop already BUT, not everyone knows the best methods (and im not dragging sky images into my blue sky instead IM ALLOWING USERS TO CREATE THEIR OWN SKIES).....but thank you for your response either way :) people want things to be easy for them and fast (thats why even the best photographers pay someone else to retouch their images)....thats the product, not the tools....already my 6 year old daughter can do beautiful blue skies with this panel and NOT LET EDGES OF LEAVES LOOK FAKE.........which is what i saw in all blue sky tutorials....

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I watched your video above. All you did in the video was add a grass layer (which can easily be downloaded for free) with a layer mask. You made some permanent adjustments to the grass layer instead of using non-destructive and editable adjustment layers. You then used a "grass brush" which was only a regular soft brush with it's flow set to 30% to brush on the layer mask. This is Photoshop 101.

I also watched all the videos on your YT page. The cloud brushes can easily be made or downloaded. Your blue sky replacement video used a very old and outdated technique. You need to familiarize yourself with channel selection. I'm certain that you have not made some objective comparisons with other techniques. Are you up to the challenge of putting your techniques of sky replacement to the test?

All in all I agree that your not offering anything other than a convenient short cut for novice users (your 6 yo daughter) or lazy users who will eventually have to learn the techniques for themselves if they wish to achieve acceptable results.

As evidenced by the history panel in your videos, your panel uses simple processes that are easily performed in Ps with or without actions. I don't see this being used by serious Ps users, but there are tons of novice users that will love the purported simplicity.

I feel it would be to your advantage to offer us some free access to your "pro version" so that we can actually test the product. Otherwise, we are only left to form opinions based on what little information about your product that you and your videos have provided.

Good luck

Neo17

I watched your video above. All you did in the video was add a grass layer (which can easily be downloaded for free) with a layer mask. You made some permanent adjustments to the grass layer instead of using non-destructive and editable adjustment layers. You then used a "grass brush" which was only a regular soft brush with it's flow set to 30% to brush on the layer mask. This is Photoshop 101.

I also watched all the videos on your YT page. The cloud brushes can easily be made or downloaded. Your blue sky replacement video used a very old and outdated technique. You need to familiarize yourself with channel selection. I'm certain that you have not made some objective comparisons with other techniques. Are you up to the challenge of putting your techniques of sky replacement to the test?

All in all I agree that your not offering anything other than a convenient short cut for novice users (your 6 yo daughter) or lazy users who will eventually have to learn the techniques for themselves if they wish to achieve acceptable results.

As evidenced by the history panel in your videos, your panel uses simple processes that are easily performed in Ps with or without actions. I don't see this being used by serious Ps users, but there are tons of novice users that will love the purported simplicity.

I feel it would be to your advantage to offer us some free access to your "pro version" so that we can actually test the product. Otherwise, we are only left to form opinions based on what little information about your product that you and your videos have provided.

Good luck
Old technique yet nowhere to be seen online, Old yet resort to sloppy methods online, anyone anywhere can do anything......this goes without saying, its like saying anyone can create retouching software such as photoshop because the code is there......heres the thing, not everyone knows what they should, in order to make their work easier and faster, this is simply to make your life easier, sure u can MAYBE find the proper method to do things or create your own "Retouchers PRO" but thats upto you, for those who dont feel like doing so, by all means use the EXTENSION to make things EASIER FOR YOU, how long do you think you would take doing a sky replacement? with this panel, 18 seconds, you can send me your link of doing it faster....not just taking a sky thats already empty though, remove the old sky first (and btw in the new version you can even create your own grass too, and thats not all, this panel is FAR from finished, I do love any input you have to improve it though so i dont mind the crits)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please remember that faster is not always better. Any technique that involves the Magic Wand Tool will always be inferior to better techniques. They work in a pinch but the results are very poor. I can see in your videos that the results are not as good as you seem to think that they are. But I also understand that there are many Ps users who don't mind lesser results.

Can you provide us with free access to the "pro version" so we can test the product for ourselves?

gedstar

Guru
I have to agree with Sam about what he said, another thing I'd like to point out is your videos are not very good quality when you view in full screen mode it's impossible to see how good the results are. Here's a screenshot during playback on full screen as you can see everything is blurry and hard to make out.

The free version is pretty pointless and isn't going to be of any benefit to anyone and I think you should offer the pro trial version so we can evaluate it here and give critique

Untitled.jpg

Here's another screenshot from another video

Untitled.jpg

You quote
"What I am offering is not a tool, but its my methods made into a very easy panel, I've already been through all tutorials and nothing comes close to mine, all blue sky methods damage edges of leaves, all grass replacements are sloppy, all brushes free are low quality, I can keep on mentioning the flaws of existing methods but that would be a waste of my time"

How can you say that when it's impossible to see your results from your videos

Last edited:

Neo17

Please remember that faster is not always better. Any technique that involves the Magic Wand Tool will always be inferior to better techniques. They work in a pinch but the results are very poor. I can see in your videos that the results are not as good as you seem to think that they are. But I also understand that there are many Ps users who don't mind lesser results.

Can you provide us with free access to the "pro version" so we can test the product for ourselves?
thank you for you OPINION, I am still waiting for your more superior method, you challenged me, I complied, now wheres your counter that I asked for, FASTER THAN 18 seconds, and more natural, dont let there be ANY difference to the leaves edges or any other edges, it should still be EXACTLY THE SAME AFTER YOUR SKY REPLACEMENT IS DONE, I have showed this in my previous blue sky video where Im showing the before and after.....not a SINGLE CHANGE TO THE LEAVES, still remain as original.....so Im waiting for your link, if you can show me your more superior method then thank you Ive been looking for a better method....but if you cant....then dont bother replying lol

Neo17

I have to agree with Sam about what he said, another thing I'd like to point out is your videos are not very good quality when you view in full screen mode it's impossible to see how good the results are. Here's a screenshot during playback on full screen as you can see everything is blurry and hard to make out.

The free version is pretty pointless and isn't going to be of any benefit to anyone and I think you should offer the pro trial version so we can evaluate it here and give critique

View attachment 79562

Here's another screenshot from another video

View attachment 79563

You quote
"What I am offering is not a tool, but its my methods made into a very easy panel, I've already been through all tutorials and nothing comes close to mine, all blue sky methods damage edges of leaves, all grass replacements are sloppy, all brushes free are low quality, I can keep on mentioning the flaws of existing methods but that would be a waste of my time"

How can you say that when it's impossible to see your results from your videos

LOL Im guessing you need faster internet 1509263839594.png

Neo17

but ok guys I thank you all for your effort in doing.......well.....I thought trying to help me but seeing as you guys are looking for arguements and have no clue on what it is youre talking about I guess this is the wrong place to seek help....wasnt looking for a debate just thought Id have some guys be honest and give honest feedback, I can already see thats not what you guys are interested in, cause so far I havent seen honest facts just some guys looking to gun someone with pointless OPINIONS but thanks guys...cheers

Neo17

Photoshop gurus......thanks for the warm welcome but I'll look for that warm welcome elsewhere....cheers

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am still waiting for your more superior method, you challenged me, I complied, now wheres your counter that I asked for,
As I have already stated, you need to look into alpha channel selection. I'm sorry but your mistaken, I have nothing to prove. The challenge was for you to show that your technique is superior to others. All we have to go by is your word and information we can garner from some low quality videos. All I'm asking is that you put your money where your mouth is and give us the opportunity to actually put your claims to the test by letting us try your product. Yes I have opinions and it's unfortunate but expected that your not a fan. Did you think that we were going to just sing your praises, pat you on your back, and tell you what a glorious product you have? Not likely.

I'm sorry that you take offense to my opinions. You have made some strong claims about your product,
FASTER THAN 18 seconds, and more natural, dont let there be ANY difference to the leaves edges or any other edges, it should still be EXACTLY THE SAME AFTER YOUR SKY REPLACEMENT IS DONE, ....not a SINGLE CHANGE TO THE LEAVES, still remain as original
How can you possibly think we would just believe this without seeing it for ourselves? If you make a claim, you need to back it up.

Unscripted

After watching the video i have to agree with Gedstar and IamSam, if anything it adds more clutter, all the tools are already there. The 18 second sky replacement would also be possible without your panel using all the tools in photoshop.

Neo17

hey guys, sorry but I dont see the point to still waste more time explaining to ppl that think making the edges of leaves look like cardboard cut outs is a good thing lol anyway your opinions are just......well....your opinions........I dont really have time to teach common sense...its simple, leaving the edges remain intact as original is much better than your cardboard cut out version, not saying that yours is gona be, but just generally, leave the edges as is, and the fact that u can do it in a few seconds, well, if that is doing it wrong then im glad i dont do in the amount of time you "pros" do it, and then the end result is still like a little kid did it, just speaking generally ofcause, from what I've seen online in so many, many, many tutorials

Last edited:

Neo17

After watching the video i have to agree with Gedstar and IamSam, if anything it adds more clutter, all the tools are already there. The 18 second sky replacement would also be possible without your panel using all the tools in photoshop.
ofcause it is possible, lol that goes without saying, you can also show your link if you would like to prove that though? I mean saying something means nothing if you cant prove it lol, without copying my process or what?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
hey guys, sorry but I dont see the point to still waste more time explaining to ppl that think making the edges of leaves look like cardboard cut outs is a good thing lol
Again your making this statement, not us. What has given you any idea that I or anyone believes this? I think it would require a bit of arrogance for anyone to asssume that they have the "end of the line" worlds only and greatest technique for sky replacement.

If you actually believed in your product and techniques, you would not have any problems stepping up to scrutiny.

dont really have time to teach common sense...
One must first possess common sense before one can teach it.

I mean saying something means nothing if you cant prove it lol, without copying my process or what?
That's the pot calling the kettle black. Why don't you take this opportunity to do that yourself?

Neo17

but ok I got alota work to do so thanks for the chats guys will maybe pop by again sometime when im free

gedstar

Guru
People here on photoshop gurus have alot to say but nothing to show though lol weird kinda gurus

You haven't provided any answers to the question posted to you, are you going to provide us the ability to test the pro version