What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Logo needed

ibclare

Queen Bee
LOL. It's not like talking on the phone. Well, I had some time to myself before I start dinner and so forth, so I made a couple ideas for letterhead and poster/flyer design. The letterhead is 8.5in. X 11in. (or whatever dimensions if yours are different . . . ?), and the poster template is 11 X 14. Colors can all be varied of course. I will stop now!View attachment 35244 View attachment 35245

Last edited:

reeksy86

I do like the letterhead design you have done.

I probably won't hear back from the team until Monday or Tuesday now, but if you do think of any other ideas you think may work, please let me know, I am happy to put any/all styles to the team.

Just out of curiosity really, is there a way that the bridge (Severn bridge) could be incorporating into the actual word 'caldicot'? Not sure what way it could be done mind, maybe using the 'l' and 'd' as the bridge pillars? Not sure?!

It's just a thought I have had, so If you think it may involve too much time to create, please say, I won't mind in the slightest, I may actually have a play about over the weekend over that, if you have any tips, I don't mind doing it.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I'd have to think about it. Some other members may yet jump onto the wagon, so you should get more ideas I'd think before the new week.

Inkz

Guru
I will add a few more ideas today when I return..

What font are you using Clare?

reeksy86

Just a quick update for you. I have spoken to the chairman today, unfortunately we are unable to use the cross (memorial statue) as a logo as the previous regeneration used it as there main logo and we don't want to use the same as we want to be seen as a different group entirely.

@ibclare sorry, I know you put a fair bit of effort into the cross designs, I wasn't aware that we weren't able to utilise it.

reeksy86

Not really to be honest, there is very little in the town centre at all.

One idea that the chairman has thought of is this

'The other idea is to have the castle as an outline with the large C and small TT in the centre and Caldicot Town Team underneath or look at a picture of the village with the above '

That was from an email he sent me this evening, if it makes any sense at all to you. I'll add some pics of the town centre, and how erm... 'Unloved' it is.

reeksy86

That's quite nice, could you produce incorporating the castle at all? Would you like some photos of it?

ibclare

Queen Bee
Perhaps/ It might get a bit busy looking, but if I keep things watermarked maybe. The composition could be made, but I would hesitate to call it a logo!I haven't opened your images yet. In fact, I just approved them. Sorry. Whenever images are loaded in freelance it's expected they're artist's work and must be WMd so they need approval.OK, I just looked at the photos of Town Centre. Personally, if it is unloved, then don't put the "before" images into your material, unless it's a brochure. Look at this mess; now help us!I'll work on it a later when I get some time. If I make the castle, of course I'll do it in the same style as the bridge. If you get this before I start and nix the idea, be sure to nix it here, so I won't go ahead.Here's a quick letterhead with the bridge watermarked.View attachment 35269

Last edited:

reeksy86

Hey all, just a very quick update, I spoke to the chair of the committee yesterday, he thinks that we should look at moving away from the castle, and the bridge as a logo, as he feels it has been done before by the previous regeneration group back in the early 00's.

I have a sketch that he wants to work around, into a logo, which I will upload when I can get to my pc.

I have also asked for some more photos of the town centre, I wonder if we could pick bits out of a few photos and mould them into a watermark for the logo, or letterheads etc. again I will upload them as soon as I receive them.

I feel a little annoyed that I seem to have wasted some of your time on the previous designs, I was not aware that until yesterday that the castle and bridge were previously used, in a similar scheme. I apologise for this, and will try to be more informed before any more requests are made.

Cheers.

Aaron.

reeksy86

Hi Folks,

Here is a basic (Very basic) outline drawing of the style of logo the team are looking for, something in green, I showed them the list of font styles and they quite like to celtic one (last one) but are not sure how it would look on the logo itself, they are looking at having a selection of pictures of the town in the background, as a watermark. I have asked a local photography for a selection of photos he has, and will put some up when he gets back to me.

If you have any ideas, i would be happy to hear them?

Thanks

Attachments

• Caldicot Town Team logo template.jpg
    Caldicot Town Team logo template.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 6

ibclare

Queen Bee
I'd like to wait for photos. The design of the specifics needs to work with the image, even if we do have a basic outline as you posted.

reeksy86

Still waiting for photographs to be sent through i am afraid, i have had a quick play about tonight, and have come up with this logo Caldicot Town Team Logo 1 (AR).jpg

I know this is of a different style to proposed earlier, but wanted to give over a varied design to the team, Simplistic (which i can manage!) and a much more richer, professional finish, (where you all come in!) My logo looks a little 'flat' to me, although i dont want bold colours, it doesnt really stand out much, any quick tips or changes i could make to enhance?

I have chased the photos again today, as i dont want to mess any of you around at all, and will upload as soon as i get them.

Thanks

reeksy86

Hi folks,

I have photos of the town centre now, i have 21 of them, what is the best way for me to upload them for you all to see?

Thanks

reeksy86

hi all,
sorry for not getting back to you all sooner, had a hiccup with the town team management, all sorted now, from another project i have been thinking of, (for my grandfather) I decided to take my idea to our town team and they love it! Now to put it into action, i need some help though if possible?

This is to be the last design for the Town team, and i will be using this idea as the logo i expect, as it seems to be getting the right responses from other members, of course, work will be paid for if completed and chosen. Can i just check the fogures for payment for the logo please? i believe it is $50?

The logo is to be of a train, coming out of a tunnel, with 'Caldicot Town Team' written in the steam above the train, around the top of the text in 4 or 5 clouds, i would like a picture in each, (I will upload them below) The train (apparently!) needs to be facing Right, and exiting out of the tunnel, colours of the logo are flexible although the train does need to be the same as the photo, As the train is named after Caldicot Castle.

Here are the pics for you to take a look at.

481_l.jpg
Caldicot-M-Voice-Choir-LOGO-e1357990199752.pngcaldicot.jpg291703_556124144418013_562747738_n.jpg5195294211_7962212a3e_o.jpg

As Always, i do appreciate your help, and input.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I worked on this awhile. Combining all the elements you want makes this really really busy for a logo. I might make a simplified version, but I am reluctant to put much more time into it considering your lack of specific comment for all the uncompensated work that others as well as myself have devoted to this project.