What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Logo needed

reeksy86

Hi ibclare,

I apologise for the length of time that this logo has taken over, If I was aware of how awkward other members would be, I would not have started the thread, or asked for input until we had a clearer Idea of exactly what everyone wanted.

I was led to believe that a few ideas for designs would e taken back to the team and then a suitable one would have been chosen, however there has already been a change in management, and the original design work is no longer being considered, although I have argued this with them.

I don't mean to be flippant with regards to the work and time that has been put into this, and I genuinely do appreciate all you and other members have done, I must admit that I also feel quite stupid in my approach to this, believing it would be an easier task than first thought.

With regards to this current logo (which of course, I totally understand if you wish to back out of completing, due to current level of input into the project) is planning to be more than a logo, as such, as I thought it would be to busy to compact much, so would take up a large width of an A4 sheet of paper and just under a quarter of length. If that makes any sense to you? I could if easier draw the size I am thinking of and upload it for you to make reference to?

I could reduce the number of smaller pictures to maybe 3 if that helps at all?

As I said, I totally understand if you would rather not spend anymore time on this, I am very aware it has dragged on somewhat now.

Thanks.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I considered adding the emblem/coat of arms onto the wall of the tunnel. That seemed to be too much, but that could be a place for it.Here's what that would look like. Obviously I have to clean up a few things if you want it.View attachment 36752

Last edited:

reeksy86

That is really really good, exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, could I make two potential changes?

Could you make the cost of arms, slightly bigger? Just to make it a little easier to see?

Could you put a bricked pattern on the tunnel? Preferably and older or faded brickwork? Or does it look out of place.

Really pleased with it though, thanks.

ibclare

Queen Bee
In fact, I moved the clouds and symbols together and now the symbols are out of place as far as balance is concerned. I'd like to extend the clouds a little, make the cross bigger - not much - and reposition the griffon.OK, I had time for a rearrangement.View attachment 36756I can't seem to stop myself! OK, now I am closing PS . . . View attachment 36757Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:

reeksy86

Thanks for all the different styles, I really like them, would have responded sooner, expect my sister in law has recently given birth, and been up in north wales for over a week! not got anything done!!

I have passed the designs onto the team, and unbelievably, not one of them like it! Nothing you have done mind, they just think that they should be going back to a more basic logo, honestly, they change there mind more than there pants!

I have made the decision that no more designs are to be made, i dont feel it is very fair to you or anyone else who has taken time out to work on this project.

The team have come back to us with 2 designs, which is your simple colour scheme train logo, and the logo that @Inks did, the first Caldicot Logo with the castle and the bridge.

I expect they will choose the one that @Inks has produced, for its simplicity really, (and low printing costs) although personally i much prefer the train one, as it explains a lot about the area, and communities.

I have asked for decisions by the end of this week, as we need to get something moving on the team, and start using the logo, in design and creation of material.

reeksy86

@inks Is there any chance i could have a little play about with the logo? I wanted to see what it would look like with the bridge, slightly set back from the castle, and wanted to experiment a bit with colours.

Obviously, i wouldnt publish or use it without your prior agreement.

Thanks

Inkz

Guru
I can make all the necessary changes to it if you like, not a problem...

Just let me know what your visions say lol.

But yeah I don't mind you toying with it.

reeksy86

thanks, appreciate it, could you add Town Team underneath Caldicot please, are you able to fade the bridge slightly? just so that it looks like it is behind the castle, rather than in it?

I think for simplicity we will keep it black, I would like to play with colours, but not sure how it would look in different colours.

Also, What would be the price for the logo, that is something that has not really been discussed much with my team, mainly because it is a community based project, rather than a funded council project.

Thanks

Inkz

Guru
thanks, appreciate it, could you add Town Team underneath Caldicot please, are you able to fade the bridge slightly? just so that it looks like it is behind the castle, rather than in it?

I think for simplicity we will keep it black, I would like to play with colours, but not sure how it would look in different colours.

Also, What would be the price for the logo, that is something that has not really been discussed much with my team, mainly because it is a community based project, rather than a funded council project.

Thanks

Sure I can get all that done for you, no probs...

The cost is $50 or the equivalent in ££.

reeksy86

That would be great, we have made the decision and have chosen your logo, there are a few tweaks that need to be made though, adding a strap line moving the words about etc, but the design is great.

As we are a new group, I am waiting for the bank account to be set up to be able to pay for the logo, how is best for you to be paid?

I doubt if I will get the details by Friday but if I do, obviously I'll make payment then.

Thank you for all your help.

reeksy86

Great, I'll get that processed as soon as possible.

Sorry, a strap line is the 'slogan' of the group. Ours is likely to be 'making it happen'

reeksy86

Would we be able to access and use the logo before payment is made, I know it's a little cheeky, but we have our first event on the 22nd and could do with producing some literature for the event.

Thanks.

Inkz

Guru
I personally don't roll with client's having the logo before payment....

I may never see you again lol.

reeksy86

That's absolutely fine, I wasn't really expecting you to say otherwise.

I'll try and get accounts set up as soon as, and be back in touch.

Inkz

Guru
The new design will be posted in this topic watermarked in a day or two...

Most likely tomorrow.

Kindest Regards.