What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New look Facebook page

Hoogle

Guru
Well the title says it all we are currently in the process of updating our facebook page that has become quite popular.

I have to say the cover image is not being as easy as 1 would think as image uploader compresses the file and then zooms in But we are slowly figuring it out.

If you have any design ideas or would like to make an image that states Photoshop Gurus then post them here if we get plenty of submissions then we may rotate them.

Also the page is getting quite popular but are lacking images that show of our forum so post some of your best work on the wall.

Here is the rough design so far but it can change.
http://www.facebook.com/PhotoshopGurus#

So if you can design a vover and a smaller icon to match then go for it.

Hoogle

Guru
as an example of how it uploads the image this is the actual image on there at the moment however a lot of it can not be seen so it is repositioned to a center crop.
PSG.png

stufflol

Power User
Did you need the small colored logo redrawn? looks to have a white rough border around it

Hoogle

Guru
Yes it does need redoing I just changed it from white to black via blend if option just to get a feel But everything will be changed once new designs come in unless you have an idea based on that. Going for a more Modern look

Hoogle

Guru
CS5 But if you save another copy of the path if it is different to the current 1 as i have illustrator files of the current 1 in the old illustrator 8 format then I can just import the paths into a 3d program incase we decide to go 3D.

This is what I mean jooks like a blank document however the logo paths are still there,
View attachment psg logo.ai

Hoogle

Guru
Ok that didnt make sense.

Any changes to the current logo save as CS5

If you make a new 1 then make 1 with just the paths and no fills or strokes and save it in Illustrator 8 format so it can be imported into 3d applications. Unless of course it is not designed to be 3D

stufflol

Power User
kyoty.png

That's a vector so you can re size it for facebook or whatever
How can I give you the illustrator file? you can just delete the colors or paste w/e to get the 3d paths

Hoogle

Guru
just select the illustrator file when you would normally upload a picture

Nice Bright Colour by the way looks better on the dark theme

stufflol

Power User
yer :S maybe I can resize it to fit that square?

and btw I can only upload HTML of images on this thread for some strange reason

got an email to send it to?

Hoogle

Guru
you should be able to use the insert image from the quick reply box but yes you can email me at

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
I dont know what size screen you have and maybe I am being spoilt with a large screen but Resolution is not quite high enough but that is out of our control that is just facebook compression so dont look at it and think you have made a mistake.

It does look good now we just need to boost it with more content like pictures etc.

Do you have any objections to crediting you with the new look by real name or do you want your PSG name.

stufflol

Power User
real name is ok :p, I didnt make it max PPI, you could probably get a higher resolution saving it as a PNG but you will have to resize it again

Hoogle

Guru
No I spent ages this afternoon messing with dpi etc the higher it is the worse facebook displays it they are low resolution images.