What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie To Photoshop - How to create prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

houst1380

Hi all, just this minute signed up to the forum.

I am brand new to photoshop and have been using it for a month or so and I am gradually improving daily.

I have seen some prints on etsy and pinterest that I would like to get hold of and edit on photoshop to give me some practice.

Similar to this one

wellyboots.jpg
Mod edit: Please post images to the forum, thanks.

Where you can change colours and edit text etc

Grateful for any advice.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Moved from requests to the general board as this is not a specific request.

I was wondering where the best places are to buy templates and bundles etc?
You can request them to be made to your specifications in our paid Photoshop request forum if you like, just ask for the PSD files so you can change the names/colors etc.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

I was wondering where the best places are to buy templates and bundles etc?
For similar prints that you have shown in your example, you would have to create the artwork yourself or buy the rights to the artwork.

The term template (or mockup) might work here, but it usually implies an editable graphic that utilizes "Smart Objects" thereby giving you the options of setting the elements to fit your needs. You can easily customize your own icons, buttons, menus, business cards, labels, banners, website templates, web forms, and so on. Finding these is just a matter of going online and searching.

Creating a PSD file to meet the needs of adjusting prints (like your example above) to the specs of a client is very easy. However it will require that you learn how to use Ps. Templates or mockups may seem like the easy way, but it's not always the case. We get many persons who come here asking us to explain how to use a mockup. If you're not familiar with Ps and how smart objects work, they can be very confusing.

A simple PSD file will give you all the options you require. The hard part is creating the artwork.

As a note, I can not provide you this PSD file. For speed, I used artwork I acquired from the internet for instructional demonstration purposes only.

Boots--Ink drawing
Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 9.30.00 AM.png

Boots color
Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 9.30.20 AM.png

Highlights
Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 9.30.32 AM.png

Text
Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 9.30.48 AM.png

Boots group.
Once set up, the color is quickly editable by double clicking the "Boot Color" layers color fill icon to change.
Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 9.37.09 AM.png

Text group.
Again, once this is set up, the text can be edited quickly. The font, font size, font color, and font position can be changed with ease.
Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 9.33.28 AM.png

You can then add the Boots and text to a room photo.
Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 10.41.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 10.48.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 10.42.11 AM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You're welcome! If you have any questions, please ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.