What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie with questions.

pjcurtiss

My sister passed away in september :sad: I've copied you hard drive to an external drive thinking I could open her photoshop files. She has been work on family page for all of us and I want to finish them up. I got Photoshop element 9, the same software on her laptop. I can't find the files on the ext. drive that will open the family photos. I still have access to the laptop over the internet. is there away to recover all her files?
I've got the individual photos just don't want to recreate everything.

Thanks

PJ

Lefty

If you still have access to the device the original files are on you could open an online account to "you send it" or "boxnet".Both offer bulk file sharing.Simply upload the files there, then download them to your computer.

Hoogle

Guru
if you have a cloned version of her hard drive you need to select the external drive via my computer and go to my documents on her drive depending on what version of windows she had on hers you should be able to navigate something like this.
computer or c drive or windows on her hard drive users then her username and then whatever folder she had hers in documents my pictures etc.

Stric9

Power User
Search her hardrive for *.psd. That should bring up any photoshop files saved on the drive. And I'm sorry for your loss.

Jenny

You may also want to look for flashdrives, external HD"s, another "work" computer..... Does
that machine have carbanite? [offsite cloud based storage]

Last edited: