What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nice

Skid

Great edit Sunrise,did you take this photo or you just find it on internet
Sean. <3

sunrise

no i take it hahah .. honestly it's bad pic , so that why i change it . hehe

ibclare

Queen Bee
I don't know what your original looked like sunrise and I understand you were working with a low quality picture, but your eye should tell you that this is not a good result. The colors are very flat and the range of color and dark to light is very narrow. Even with the effects, you have not really improved the image much. It is pretty important to start with quality images. That said, sometimes we have no choice.

It takes training and experience, but especially looking at a lot of good photography, to be able to judge a photographic edit. Some may argue that the limits of a picture can be pushed by the artist. In other words, for example, an over-exposed shot can be made into a very interesting image, maybe even by increasing the blown out characteristics.

The point is the novice must learn the technically correct methods before experimenting with throwing those methods out. As others on this site have said, "you have to learn to walk before you can run."

Keep working and having fun and don't let anything I say discourage you!

Paul

Former Member
Just keep doing what your doing mate, i can throw a load of so called artists at you who couldn't draw a straight line if they tried, but there 'art' sells for millions?

ibclare

Queen Bee
You have to know the rules before you can bend them. You can be an artist, an engineer, a plumber, or a farmer. The same rule applies :mrgreen:

Paul

Former Member
No it does not, it all comes down to being in the right place at the right time and knowing the right people.

sunrise

well ,

ibclare this pic was great but when i load it . it became bad pic ,,

anyway this pic is just playing . I thought to make it like a background .

I know that I have to use good pictures but i thought maybe I can make it nice :)

thank you ibclare for your adding . I like honest people :) .

thank you paul for your Encouragement :)

Dataflow

Power User
iv seen on the news where there have been kids selling there "Art".
and to me there just kids paintings like any kid could do.
but because the parents are "artists" they new how to get people to buy them

Last edited:

sunrise

i'm sorry dataflow , i didn't understand the point

what the Relationship between your post and the pic ??

Dataflow

Power User
points wasnt really for the original post but it could be.
art is in the eyes of the buyer there are people that would look at the pic and say i dont like it but then there could be others that would want to spend a lot of money for it

sunrise

ok , I understand that not every body like the same pic .

they are diffrent ,EX: somebody like the suuny pic and other like the dark .

am I right ??

Just keep doing what your doing mate, i can throw a load of so called artists at you who couldn't draw a straight line if they tried, but there 'art' sells for millions?

Word!

Jackson Pollack? What's up with that? My 4-year-old can throw paint on a canvas!!!