What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Night Sky Notebook Paper

gedstar

Guru
Hi and welcome to the forum

I'm my right in assuming this is meant to be a crumbled up sheet of paper, I'm a bit confused about the title!
OK on looking again it looks like clouds and a night sky above

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Like Ged, it took me a bit to notice the night sky scene in the paper texture. Consider improving the blend by raising the night sky's image's opacity so it's a little more visible and apparent. Not sure if you used any blending modes.

Multiply blending mode with 85% opacity. Truer colors with original.
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.22.02 AM.png

75%
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.28.09 AM.png

A little more contrasty with Hard light blending mode. Colors a bit more saturated.
Blends a bit better with the paper texture.
Screen Shot 2017-05-13 at 8.22.54 AM.png

I guess it's more about the overall effect your shooting for and what it will be used for.

Redline

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Like Ged, it took me a bit to notice the night sky scene in the paper texture. Consider improving the blend by raising the night sky's image's opacity so it's a little more visible and apparent. Not sure if you used any blending modes.

Multiply blending mode with 85% opacity. Truer colors with original.
View attachment 74393

75%
View attachment 74395

A little more contrasty with Hard light blending mode. Colors a bit more saturated.
Blends a bit better with the paper texture.
View attachment 74394

I guess it's more about the overall effect your shooting for and what it will be used for.
man thank you so much this is the whole reason why i joined i really appreciate the advise especially as i'm starting out. i dont know what you mean by blending i have never used that tool . could you please explain. thanks again Redline