What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nik Analog Effects Pro 2

Pipsmom

Guru
I got myself into a situation today and wondering if anyone can shed some light what happened so I don't make that mistake again. I was working on the Calvary picture and took it to Nik Analog Effects 2...did my thing and was satisfied, pressed ok and it went back into Photoshop as normal but Hung for several seconds...
Finally it stopped and it left me with a white blank canvas, thumbnail pictures showed but nope no pictures would appear...
Deleted Analog layer...still no pictures..... I turned off each layer eye ball trying to retrace my step, went into history..nope nothing I could do to make the picture appear either....So I lost all that work... Luckily I saved a earlier stage before entering Analog and started over from it...but what went wrong for it to do this?
I did get a message about rationalising first...Could this have done it? How do I not make that mistake again or is it a one off glitch since it hung?

Tom Mann

Guru
I have been using NIK plugins since they first came out many years ago. The only times I have ever had a NIK plugin hang on me is if (a) I am forced to use a computer without enough RAM or video memory; or, if I am using a computer that is slower than I am used to using, get impatient and feel like the program has hung, and attempt to abort the process mid-stream.

Their speed of processing depends dramatically on the size of the image you are working on. To get to the bottom of this, do some experiments. For example, try it again on a smaller version of the image and report back your results.

Tom M

Pipsmom

Guru
Will do Tom.
I use the other Nik software features in one way or another on all my photo's and it was the first time I ever used the Analog. The second time I went back into it and applied it, it worked like it suppose to....I was wondering was it normal or I just did something wrong the first time.