What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No files will open !!

jeanli

Hello all,

Have just recently installed CS on my Mac (OSX), and when I try to open an image file no matter what suffix, it will automatically launch the PS app, but the file itself does not appear. Nothing. I have to go get them, after PS is already open. Very time-consuming to say the least--has anyone come across this? Am hoping it's something dumb I am overlooking...

jeanli \:]

ooptea

i have had this problem before. i also have ran into the problem where i tel PS to open say 4-5 images and only 1 opens up. Sadly i never found a "fix" for this as it only did it now and again. it might be faster to open PS and use the file browser to open your files.

theKeeper

Guru
Yes actually i have or have had this issue with one than one app in recent past. Usually this has had to do with file associations not being set or set right. But i'm on a PC so i don't really know where to start when suggesting a resolve for the Mac.

Perhaps Welles or Stu can help?

Oooh guuuuuys?! \:]

Welles

Guru
This is most commonly due to installing Photoshop CS before doing an archive and install of Mac OS10.3.

The easiest solution is to reinstall Photoshop CS after you have installed Mac OS10.3.
Easiest way to reinstall Photoshop without disturbing the original install is to install to your desktop. after the install is done just trash the Photoshop folder on the desktop.

---------------------------
Another solution courtesy Anne Shelbourne

Open your Previous System folder.
Find "Adobe Unit Types".
Copy it into: <Panther volume>/Library/ScriptingAdditions/ .

---------------------------
Another Addition:

Jim Warthman - 11:31am Aug 15, 04 Pacific (#20 of 21)

This worked for me - but I have one important clarification.

The Adobe Knowledge Base article ( http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/329996.html ) says to move the "Adobe Unit Types" file to:

[hard disk]/Library/Scripting Additions folder

At least in my case, this did NOT work, until I removed the space between "Scripting" and "Additions". Then it worked fine.