What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO WORDS THREAD 20130325a: Old Timers

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi everyone -

This is the kick-off of a new series of weekly threads that are primarily about photography. The theme of this one will be "Old Timers", however you might interpret that phrase. It will be a NO WORDS thread, so you are limited to submitting one image (per thread). You can add a line or two of descriptive text / technical info, but please follow the spirit of this type of new thread as given in the "General Description" and "Guidelines & Rules" sticky threads in this forum.

Don't forget that you don't need expensive equipment to participate - cell phone and point and shoot cameras are just fine.

If you want to discuss a particular image, or anything else related to this thread, just add it to the corresponding "discussion" thread.

Here's an image to start things off.

Attachments

• !-for_PSG-01b_tjm_hi_key_BW_698px_high_for_web.jpg
    !-for_PSG-01b_tjm_hi_key_BW_698px_high_for_web.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 76
This gentleman, a highly decorated WW2 vet, passed away last fall. This is one of the last photos of him while he was still in good health.

D200, 85/1.4 @ f/4, ISO = 400. Single sb600 flash bounced off of ceiling in back of me. RAW conversion / color balance done in ACR. No other processing.

Attachments

• DSD_5900b_jpg-xnv_650px_wide_for_web.jpg
    DSD_5900b_jpg-xnv_650px_wide_for_web.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 51
The problem is that with the posting limit now lifted, it's sooo hard to stop...

I promise this will be the last one ... at least, for a while. ;-)

"Old Trees"

Attachments

• D7B_6530-acr_hi_key-ps02a_8.5x11ratio-01jpg-xnv_700px_wide-framed_for_web.jpg
    D7B_6530-acr_hi_key-ps02a_8.5x11ratio-01jpg-xnv_700px_wide-framed_for_web.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 6
Old canon sure shot camera, pool time in old house.
pooltime.jpg:mrgreen:

Hey, iDad - FYI, I moved the last several posts to their own thread in "Photography" since they are OT to this thread.

T

Back