What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a real site, just something I messed with over the last few days

ChrisHPZ

Power User
Like the title says, this isn't a real site or anything like that. But lately I've been watching a lot of eco-friendly programs and such so I got the idea to do a "green" typ website. More than anything, I was just messing around with jQuery and different layouts I haven't done before. On the plus side, the only aspect that doesn't validate is the CSS gradient backgrounds. I wish the W3C would just go ahead and make it valid. Otherwise what's the point in having the functionality.

Eco-Friendly Web

the textbuttons dont line up correctly, they are overlaying one another at this end

can you post a screenshot? If you're talking about the navigation at the top of the page it's supposed to overlay the header area. I was messing with the position:relative rule

iMac 27"screen Safari

Well, WTH!! I'm using a 25" monitor, just looked at it in Safari and it appears properly scaled. Safari for iMAC and Windows differences? It's either that or its because the divs are in percentages in which case it's a designer issue. I'll conceit that it's the latter reason. D*MN**T, I'm at a loss here.

Ok, that's right Hoogle. The gradient BG shows up, nothing is overlapped except the top nav but that's supposed to happen. Now I'm really at a loss here iDad. Gotta be an issue with percentage based divs. But that's ok because it's important that I know this. Adobe's Browser Lab feature only goes so far. It's better I see this stuff from people rather than a program's interpretation of something.

Last edited:
I looked at lots of different site on both and compared safari and FF .......... only your site is not lining up......strange!

I'm getting the same thing as iDad, in Mozilla Firefox, your CSS code is messed up horribly for one, and I suggest conditional comments. Read up on them, they allow you to display different Code for different browsers. Email me if you want me to sort your CSS Code out. SkylerCarson@hotmail.com

oooh yeah messed up in internet explorer as well works fine in firefox
Capture.PNG

Back