What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O ya, finally got 7.0! What can i doooo?

Alistair

Guru
Finally, finally, finally!!! [excited] Took me long enough to get this thing! I know, im too lazy to look up the new specs on this thing, but I think it would be a better way to go to get some info from people out there that have been usin it for a while. Sooo, exactly what's new on this puppy (rather than the patch and the healing brush)? and how do I use the new patch and healing brush effectivly?

Check out the file browser [Window>File Browser], I don't know how I lived without it before [honesty]

O, thanx nitrobutler! That browser is now my latest favorite use for looking at all my file types. Except, something happened when i double clicked on my computer: the hd made two big, i don't know, Farts?! [confused] :D

Also, play around with the new brushes!! You can add textures directly to a brush, and assign sizes to ALL brushes, work with spacing, tilt, scatter, etc.

Check out the preset brushes, too.

Finally, the default shapes are actually useful! PS 6's shapes sucked hard.

Tool presets! Man, I love this one. Customize any tool and save it as a preset. Like the Type tool...save your font, size, color, etc. settings so you can use it with one click.

Dithered transparency in Save for Web. Frustrated because when you have a drop shadow on a transparent gif it looks like something my cat would do? Check this feature out.

That's just a start, and some of my personal favorites. Play around, read the manual. Congrats on getting 7...I was excited when I got it too :D

Congrats Alistair! :D

Another feature you might really appreciate is the "auto color" adjustment! (Image/Adjustments/Auto Color). IMO, it does a damn fine job! ;)

Enjoy! B7

Back