What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, heres a WIERD one

tranquil222

Power User
Ok, heres a strange behavior: I re-installed PS7, and in the filter menus there are TWO Gaussian Blur choices and TWO Unsharp Mask choices. One leads to a menu that looks like a PS4 dialog, with arrow sliders and no preview, and one is the normal one im accompanied to. This is VERY odd to me. }P
Also when I start up it says it can't find the defaults of anything(these do go away once you load custom shapes, gradients, etc)Any ideas? }P

C9Mouse

Power User
Hello tranquil,

I have the same thing. I got double everything after I choose drive C as my secondary Scratch Disc.

See if you have assigned a different drive in the Preferences menu, under Scratch Discs. A lot of people assign one entire drive as a Scratch Disc for Photoshop, since the program is such a resource hog. It gives PS more "elbow room."

MindBender

Guru
It looks like you didn't remove the old copy of PS before you reinstalled? That's all I can think of. I've seen this happen with upgrades before where people just install over the top of an old system. The progam installs, but it drops another copy of their filters directory inside their plugins directory and causes PS to think that they are separate filters.

Other than that, I've seen people trying to migrate filters from one installation to another to avoid reintalling 3rd party filters, and neglect to realize that by copying all their plugins, they are infact adding back in some duplicates of their installed stuff.

You could:

1. Nuke the installation and delete the directory and do a reintall or...

2. Go into your plugins folder and look around for duplicate filters.

G

MindBender said:
You could:

1. Nuke the installation and delete the directory and do a reintall or....
Yes, that would be my advice too