What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old work

Sierraccr

Power User
My guy is a fan of professional wrestling. A couple of years ago he ran a sort of internet tournament thing once a month and, in the style of professional wrestling, it was a grand production. I was responsible for producing a poster in the theme of that particular show. I usually only had about a weekend to produce a themed graphic. I was relatively new to producing graphics on Photoshop and was pretty proud of myself. I enjoyed the challenge and the online audience (it was not a graphics forum, obviously) thought I was a wiz.

I was cleaning out my hard drive just recently and came across those posters. It's horrifying. Terrible cuts, bad blending, effects that scream "I don't know what I'm doing on Photoshop!!". Very humbling.......

I'm not sure what the moral of the story is, except to wonder if anyone else goes back and winces at the stuff you did "back in the day".

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We've had a few threads were members posted their early works. They were enjoyable and entertaining.

Now you've baited us and peaked our interests...................let's see some of those early works of yours! :rofl:

Sierraccr

Power User
Oh, Lord... :redface:

I should preface this by saying that these are not all random images. The building, the cat, the crows and the phantom mask were all elements of the game.

How incredibly shaming..... Don't judge - I really am better now.

Hallowed.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Still too dumb to wince..see I think the piece foto is showing looks pretty good. Most people are not so critical as to pick up on the technical failings that PS techies might observe.

Sierraccr

Power User
Well, back then I was really proud of myself.

I sometimes wish I still had an audience for a monthly poster with a pre-set theme. It stretched my (minimal) skills beyond photograph retouch/reconstruction that I do now. I love to play with special effects and composites.

MikeMc

McGuru
I look at a lot of old edits. I can see w/o date stamp how I've improved on masking....And I love to laugh at what I thought was great!