What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opacity

Juc1

Hey all,

Can anyone please take a look here. I want to add some text to the centre of the house image and in order to make this text more readable, I want to fade this central area of the image, maybe using opacity. So I created a mask = the outer area of the image is 100% opacity, while the inner area of the image is 20% opacity. But reducing the opacity seems to have the unwanted side effect of creating a grey film or box.

I want to say 'fade the selected area' but it seems that I am saying 'turn the selected area grey'. If I use say 50% opacity instead of 20%, the unwanted side effect is less strong but basically the same.

In the 'Marrakech' image, the face fades but there is no film. Maybe my problem is that my faded area layer needs some kind of layer beneath it but I am not sure what.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

Attachments

• house.psd
    5.3 MB · Views: 6
or you can just add a stroke to the text
OK thanks but the text will not be a layer in the psd - it will be html on a web page ie the idea is this image will be the background for the web page - the same image but numerous different texts.

Back