What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open in Camera Raw - not available in my cs3

darthkir

Guys,

I dont have this 'Open in Camera Raw' option in the File menu of my cs3 Bridge. The shortcut (ctrl-r) also doesnt work. What gives?

It can only be used on RAW images. You camera needs to support RAW to be able to produce RAW images.

Gaussian said:
It can only be used on RAW images. You camera needs to support RAW to be able to produce RAW images.

Yes, I shoot in RAW. BTW, in the new ACR, I can also open up any file in it. The only problem I cant open ACR in Bridge, only in Photoshop like in cs2.

The option to open a camera RAW file is only grayed out when you don't have a camera RAW file selected. Single click on a thumbnail of a camera raw file and you'll see that the option will turn black.

I agree, rather stupid the way it works, but then again a lot of things about Bridge are just plain annoying.

check out Adobes website. They have plugins you can dowloand (for free) that allow you to easily open, and edit RAW files..

Back