What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Particle Paint v1.2

richardrosenman

Hey gang;

I while back I started playing around with coding a crude particle system in an effort to understand the mathematics behind them. Bit by bit, this little test app developed into a unique little plugin called Particle Paint that allows you to paint, interact and work with live particles.

Admittedly, this has little practical use and the performance is awful. But like I said, it was really just an educational exercise to understand the principles of particle systems, which I tend to work with often. I'm actually surprised no one has developed a truly functional extension for Photoshop that does this as the possibilities are endless.

It actually does have some really neat features, such as applying forces, filters and collision colors in your canvas.

Anyway, check it out if you want to have some fun. Again, performance really suffers so consider yourselves warned! Unfortunately it can only run in 32bit Photoshop for Windows until I can compile a 64bit version.

ppaint_gui.gif

Here's the link to the plugins:
http://www.richardrosenman.com/software/downloads/

Or a direct download link:
http://www.richardrosenman.com/media/software/files/ppaint.zip

Check out the interactive particle filters... you can do some interesting things with them.

Cheers,
-Richard

Hello Richard – thank you for letting us know about this. As you may remember from a couple of private emails we exchanged, I love your filters, particularly Lumiere, and have recommended them several times on this forum.

Cheers,

T

Last edited:
Hello Richard – thank you for letting us know about this. As you may remember from a couple of private emails we exchanged, I love your filters, particularly Lumiere, and have recommended them several times on this forum.

Cheers,

T

Thanks Tom, for your always very kind words!

I don't have much time these days but if you (or your members) ever have a brilliant idea for a plugin, don't hesitate to mention it. You never know if I can find the time and get something like that made!

Take care,
-Rich

Back