What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

patterns

sfm

Guru
I know how to define patterns but what if I want to keep that pattern how can I save my PSD file as a .PAT file? and in my Adobe/photoshop7/presents/patterns folder?

I ask this because if I don't click append when choosing patterns I will loose it but what if I don't want to loose it?
sfm

Sue, I just had a quick lookie and I think you can do what you need in the preset manager. (Edit--preset manager). In the menu that pops up use the drop down menu to select 'pattern' and you should see all your current patterns in the preview window. You can select one or a combination (hold the shift whilst selecting multiple patterns) and then click on 'Save set'.

This then saves a new set including the patterns you have chosen. Now you have a new .pat file that is available to you.

This seems to be true for tool presets, brushes, etc :)

hope that helps

thanks for that I made sure I deleted all the other patterns first and just kept the one I needed then saved that set
thanks that will come in handy
sfm

yw :)

I tested it out and it actually only saves the patterns you select in the 'new set' so in future you wont have to delete the ones you dont want :)

cool thanks I wasn't sure if it would do just that one guess I should have tried that first ha ha ha
sfm

Back