What's new

Pencil sketches

Paul

Former Member
All of these are from Google images, i used the image to create an outline and some inner features just for reference. I then apply my mad pencil skills to achieve the likeness for a desired finished look.
I also do these on canvas sheets stretched across frames using our over head film projector, only then i do water colour or oil sometimes.

These are all on cheap A4 paper just doodles while i watch the water jets by the pool.

goat.jpg

horse-head.jpg

rhino.jpg

The only one i would consider finished is the rams head, i have others if interested:mrgreen:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
All of these are from Google images, i used the image to create an outline and some inner features just for reference. I then apply my mad pencil skills to achieve the likeness for a desired finished look.
I also do these on canvas sheets stretched across frames using our over head film projector, only then i do water colour or oil sometimes.

These are all on cheap A4 paper just doodles while i watch the water jets by the pool.

View attachment 59275

View attachment 59276

View attachment 59277

The only one i would consider finished is the rams head, i have others if interested:mrgreen:

This is a the pencil pusher side of you we never get to see around here. Great job.... I like the shading. Bet your fingers are so messy from all that smudging you're family keeps singing "Can't Touch This"..... :cheesygrin:

Why not try doing postwork by importing the grayscale drawings into a layer in Photoshop for painting color in the same manner you color black and white images? I'm sure these will look stunning .....

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Paul

Former Member
This is a the pencil pusher side of you we never get to see around here. Great job.... I like the shading. Bet your fingers are so messy from all that smudging you're family keeps singing "Can't Touch This"..... :cheesygrin:

Why not try doing postwork by importing the grayscale drawings into a layer in Photoshop for painting color in the same manner you color black and white images? I'm sure these will look stunning .....

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
They are only doodles really Vee, but yeah i suppose they could be PS treated if anyone wants to have a go, be my guest.

Paul

Former Member
Incidentally the goat/rams head one i used two pencils a 4B and a 4H, to give the lines more realism.
Critiques are welcomed in any shape or form:thumbsup:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like them all, but my favorite is the three legged Rhino. Lot's of great textures. The shading promotes dimension.

I also like the original Ram. The texture in the horns are fantastic. The fur is a bit monotone and flat. A little more tonal variation would have helped.

Great sketches.

Paul

Former Member
Yeah i did think to put the fourth leg in but it's not in the original so i left as is mate, i did actually give up on that drawing, i do that a lot.
But thanks for replying, alls good.