What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perspective control with photoshop CS6

JoeJ

Would like to find a straightforward method for adjusting perspective in pictures with photoshop CS6.
Not many technical terms, please, and complex navigation, and, if you don't mind, step-by-step directions, as I find it hard to follow video tutorials.
How, for example, to arrange perspective in the attached photo?
On the corner.jpg

I am not sure how you want to adjust the perspective (and of course this is much easier with perspective warp, but that only came in with CC).

What I did to adjust perspective in this was to:

Use polygonal lasso tool to select the LH side of the image - using the corner of the building as a guide.
Promoted this to its own layer.
Inverted the selection and promoted this to its own layer.
You now have both sides of the building on their own layers.
Select the LH layer and select free transform (Ctrl + T) and the right click inside the selection and select perspective from the menu.
Adjust the perspective how you want.
Repeat this process with the RH side.
Once you have finished go to the top layer and create a merged layer by pressing shift+ctrl+alt+E
Now use the spot healing brush over the join.

I ended up with this - which will clearly need cropping.

Untitled-3.jpg

Cheers

John

Back