What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

perspective views

DaveD

If a photo has no real background (like a beach, city, or field) and is just a solid color or studio wall, is there a rule for using perspective to make one person appear closer or farther away than another person?
Can I just use the guide tools to go as close to the center as possible and use that as the perspective vanishing point?

MrToM

Guru
Sounds logical to me.

One thing I'd look out for though is the angle of the image of the person....ie, was the shot taken at eye level, or was it lower or higher than the subject. That may influence your 'horizon' line.
Likewise if the shot is slightly left or right of the subject.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that 'people' have perspective too, albeit very slight.

Apart from that as long as everything follows the perspective lines you create what's to say its wrong?
An image only has 'perspective' because of what is in it...if you start with nothing in it then....:thumbsup:

Regards.
MrTom.