What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Photo Editing Request

1004chuu

Hello! Is there any way the blue glare in this photo can be removed? Thank you so much! :)

Go Won.png

John and Aakshat... nice job on both of your attempts. I played around with this for only a few minutes but it seemed quite difficult, so I'm curious what techniques you used? Was it mostly clone stamp, or were you able to adjust the colors using some other method?

Rich

John and Aakshat... nice job on both of your attempts. I played around with this for only a few minutes but it seemed quite difficult, so I'm curious what techniques you used? Was it mostly clone stamp, or were you able to adjust the colors using some other method?

Rich
Thank you Rich, Well i am not expert in this and still learning, so i dont know how a PS guru would do it, but what i did was
Added a hue and saturation adjustment layer turned the saturation to 0.
Add two curves layers. On one adjusted the curve and makd it darker until the blue glare is gone(dark layer). On second did the same but made it lighter(light layer). Than inverted both masks, and painted over dark layer with a soft white brush to make the blue glare even with the light layer
Applied a selective color adjustment layer played around with the colors to make blue glare lighter. than inverted the mask. panted over with blue glare.
Than made a new layer changed blend mode to color. and picked the color from our subject, lets say girls white top. and painted over the top. did the same for face, hairs, tree and other areas.

And as i am not an expert so i did some cheating here, after doing all this there were still some white and blue glare was visible on some areas so i just picked the color from the nearby area painted over a new layer and lowered the layers opacity until it blends with the background. :wizard:

Great explanation Askshat

My approach had some similarities

The primary difference is that I worked on the luminosity first and separately and then addressed the color
1) Use a B&W Adjustment Layer and subtly adjust the various colors until the toning looks uniform. I had to adjust all of the colors except Green and Yellow. I did mask out the lips
2) Place a copy of the original image on top of the Layer Stack and set to Color Blend
3) Add a third blank Layer on top of Layer Stack with mode set to Color Blend and then sample good colors and paint over the bad colors. Since the luminosity was already repaired in prior steps, when painting over in Color Blend mode, it will just look right.

Then do normal post processing tone adjustments to achieve the desired looked or whatever else is needed.

This approach required minimal masking to get close to what was desired.

Hope this is helpful

John Wheeler

Back