What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo has darken areas

Sanil

Hi

I have a photo, which has darken areas within the photo. Need to remove the dark areas. I attached the photo herewith for your information.

How do I remove the darken areas of the photo?

Any suggestion, please?

Thanks.

Sanil.

Attachments

• Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    817.1 KB · Views: 5

Rich54

Guru
There are probably several ways to do this. I'm not sure of your skill level in Photoshop, but you'll need to understand layer masks. I spent only 5 minutes on this just to see if my method works. You could do a better job if you took more time.

1. Duplicate your image on a new layer and change the layer blend mode to Screen.
2. Add a layer mask to the Screen layer and fill the mask entirely with black.
3. Select a soft brush and set the Flow to about 8%. Activate the layer mask and brush with white over the areas of the image that are too dark. The Flow of 8% allows you to brush repeatedly over a given spot to gently build up the lightening effect. If you find that you've lightened too much, use the same brush at 8% flow to paint black into the layer mask.

Here's what I got in 5 minutes:

retouch.jpg

Last edited:

JJLAPIN

Guru
I used the Dodge tool to reduce the Dark Areas. I then Desaturated it O'all and then brought back the color using Curves while also making a contrast move, I then used the Burn to boost the shadows. Took only a few minutes. Hope this helps.:)
Original.jpg

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I used the Dodge tool to reduce the Dark Areas. I then Desaturated it O'all and then brought back the color using Curves while also making a contrast move, I then used the Burn to boost the shadows. Took only a few minutes. Hope this helps.:)

Impressive result, looks very good.