What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Photo Repair

Kimbeelee

Can the damage on our faces be repaired? I don't know anything about photo repair and if this is a simple fix or one worthy of a paid repair. 12-15-1993.JPG

JeffK

Guru
Excellent work has already been done above. I just wanted to take a shot at it because it's complex and wanted to see how good I can be at reconstructing.
Basically only used cloning small parts at a time but did finally run it through Gigapixel to bring up the resolution. Then went into neural filters, and smoothed the facial skin only.
Also brightened up only the teeth but left the balance of color as per the original.

celebration girls.jpg

ex_teacher

Guru
Excellent work has already been done above. I just wanted to take a shot at it because it's complex and wanted to see how good I can be at reconstructing.
Basically only used cloning small parts at a time but did finally run it through Gigapixel to bring up the resolution. Then went into neural filters, and smoothed the facial skin only.
Also brightened up only the teeth but left the balance of color as per the original.

View attachment 132381
The natural looking sharpening is extraordinary! This should be an ad for Gigapixel.

JeffK

Guru
I've found Gigapixel to be the most reliable in the Topaz AI suite (Sharpen, Denoise, Gigapixel). Sometime the results can be quite astonishing - but depends on the image you're working with.
At it's worst, it will light up artifacts like a Christmas tree. I always do my editing first and then go to Gigapixel last to make sure I give it a decent image to start with. I'm not saying that this is a perfect rendering - but the results were quite gratifying. :)