What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Restore / Fix

keysorsoze69

Hello all!

I am just starting out in Photoshop (CS5) and I haven't got a clue as to what anything does.

I want to fix this photo as a gift for someone, whom I hope it will mean a lot to. Problem is that it is molded (I scanned the pic), faded, and has scratches. I was also hoping to fix up his shirt a little, and change the background.

Any help / ideas?

Attachments

• PTDC0043 3.PNG
    PTDC0043 3.PNG
    4.8 MB · Views: 10
What kind of scanner are you using. Try using Silverfast AI before you start editing in Photoshop CS5.I will remove most of your scratches, improve the faded colors and sharpen your pictures. You can try it for free for 30 days.

I think the problem is that this is the only picture she has of her son and I scanned what I think was a home made printed picture. That's why it's not so good looking in the scanned/resolution department.

The image is small but can be worked on to a level, i did this via multiplying layers then copying one eye to replace the other then did similar thing with skin areas and clothing.
Did a little painting in and altered colours and lighting, put a border on it and a couple of other filters.
Hope this explains and helps you out - go on have a go.

View attachment 16683

2.jpg

First attempt... Removed the scratches from the face, blurred some parts and added some color.
I hope you don't mind, but I cropped of the lower right side. I'll see what I can do for the background, but I'm not sure I can help you with that.

Back