What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Touch Up Job - $25

ns32

Description

I would like to hire someone to artificially age the appearance of the three smaller people in this image:
cansinthemountains2.jpg
The goal is to make these three twentysomethings look like they're in their fifties. At the least, this would involve adding wrinkles and streaking the hair with gray (for a "salt and pepper" look), if not graying it entirely. Making the woman's bare legs slightly less young-looking would be necessary too, I would think, by at least fading their color a little. The visibility of the cans connected by strings near the people's faces should not be diminished, because they are central to the concept the image needs to embody.

Time Frame
As soon as possible. I imagine this touch-up would take a skilled designer an hour or two, max, so I hope that a 24-hour turnaround (from forum post to email delivery) is not overly burdensome.

Payment
The designer would email me a watermarked sample of the work. When it's completed to my satisfaction (perhaps after further revisions I request), I would send payment via Paypal. After receiving payment, the designer would send me the finished work in the same size, resolution, and quality as the jpg provided.

The price ($25) is based on the amount of money I'm willing to pay to not have to do this work myself. But, if the designer can provide some objective data—such as links to similar and completed job listings—showing that this work is normally priced higher, I'd be willing to reconsider what a fair price would be.

Purpose and Credit
I have paid for the license to use a larger version of this stock image, and it may not be used or reproduced elsewhere in any form. I will use it as the banner of a website I'm designing. I would be willing to add the designer's name as a comment to the new site's homepage's CSS. That means the designer's name will not be visible to the site's users unless they view the page's source code, but it will be part of the code on the Internet crawled by search engines like Google.

Tron

Guru
Good job posting, very clear and detailed.

One question - what is the resolution (pixel dimensions) of the original file that we would be working on?

ns32

Thank you. Sorry I left out the pixel dimensions. The image I uploaded, which is the one I imagine you'd work on, is 849 X 205px. The faces themselves range from just 20 X 20 to 30 X 30px.

(The "original" file was 849 X 565, but I cropped it and then selectively blurred and sharpened parts of it to produce the jpg I uploaded.)

Last edited:

ns32

Yes, although I could buy a higher resolution version that has either two or five times as many pixels in both directions. It would cost me an extra 20 or 40 dollars, respectively, which is why I hesitate. But I can see, now that I've zoomed in a bit, that higher resolution would probably be necessary for creating wrinkles. What if I reduced the assignment to simply graying the hair? I'd still pay $20 for that.

iDad

Guru
I could make them old.piece of cake as long as not for print

iDad

Guru
Pm sent.........