What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo touch up request

Dreamers

Guru
Allright let's try it again to post this, after writing a prety long story about the image and what I wanted to be done to it, somehow it didn't show pffft.
So here it should be now. I'll discribe the rest in an other post.

Attachments

• 1 Photo Shoot.jpg
    1 Photo Shoot.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Finaly :) . Looks like the psd file won't upload, Ill try that one later on.
Let's do the discription below first about the image.

This picture has being scanned with my best settings I have and I did a few scans of it to get the best result. I can get various file types from it (.pdf, .tiff, .jpg and the bitmap).

The picture looks over exposed. The right side of the face needs less brighten. The eyes can be brighten up, there is still some detail in the eyes (are blue) so that could be done. The wooden pannels on the right of the crate needs brighten so it meets a bit better on a overall view. On sharpening the image which I tried but it didn't came out too well.
Oh and you may rotate the image if that will make it easier to work with, I can rotate it back the way I want myself : ) .

The image originaly is a bit more warm toned like a sephia look but it's not a sephia photo. It's a colour photo with satisfied look and not like the hard colour photo you would normaly get.

For the purpose:
I'll be using this image just private, and will be printed as 4"x6" inch. picture. I might going to print one bigger and maximum size will be a regular A4 paper.

That all being said.
I'm going to be very very happy if anyone can help on this image.
It's not a compition so any result I'll be looking foreward to it.

My very greatings,
Dreamers.

Last edited:
wow Paul, nice nice.
I like it a lot.

Thanks so much for this one.

Dreamers.

I've always wanted to know how to air brush. I'll have to look into it later

Thanks Hawkeye.

I'm going to try and print few of them all, see what it will look like on photopaper :)

Dreamers.

Last edited:
This is not my forte, but here's a try. Photo is not very good exposure so there's not much to work with in the blown out areas. Paul did well with that feat.

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 32
Thanks ibclare.

It truely is just a hard image, I did various editing on this one myself and starting with a happy smile I actualy ended up nearly pulling my hair out (well prety close hehe).
I think some pictures will be just the way they are and perhaps not touching them at all :( , but as the life goes on, I'm still learning PS though, so picking up as much as possible here on the forum.
Maybe I just put a christmas hat on there lol. But hey, like I said. It's not a competition or something, I realy like to view different aspects and so.

I would like to thank everyone for helping on this one. I realy apreciate it :)

Dreamers.

I painted my version in, the face portions i mean - i used smudger and liquifryer.

Yes, about some pictures are what they are. You can always improve on them to some degree. But as I am sure you know, the best way to get a good editable photograph is to take a good one to begin wiht. We're often asked by friends and family to do miracles with poor quality photos and that's where we pull out the tricks we learn. You'll learn more about correcting color balance, adjusting exposures, and whatnot as you go along. I'm still learning. You asked about sharpening. This picture didn't need any. But look into using high pass for sharpening. It can be a subtle and non-destructive method. Keep sharing your efforts :mrgreen:

Haven't tried the liquifyer. And I'm not touching the smudge tool yet because I mostly end up with a Smuuuuudgeeee lol

how is this for you

Attachments

• 1 Photo.jpg
    1 Photo.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 1 Photo.jpg
    1 Photo.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 9
  • 1 PhotoBW.jpg
    1 PhotoBW.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Nice work Paulie1108.
Thanks for posting them.

The black and white version I allready thought about that, but I wanted to keep it coloured though.

Thanks again,
Dreamers.

Back