What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Edit Photograph Restoration

JazzyScotsman

Banned
This was someone's only surviving picture of a great-Grandmother, and clearly it wasn't in very good shape. I saw several attempts on Reddit to bring it back to life, and felt compelled to make my own effort. How do you think I did?

Attachments

• 4jxhnhi1blo01_edit3.png
    4jxhnhi1blo01_edit3.png
    541.9 KB · Views: 20
Very well done restoration...:perfect:starting with almost nothing.

After looking at a few dozen times, I did a few minor tweaks around the nose, lips, cheeks and laugh lines.

Attachments

• 4jxhnhi1blo01_edit3.png
    4jxhnhi1blo01_edit3.png
    536.5 KB · Views: 15
Given the starting point, I think you have done a good job. This restoration would be more like a painting than just manipulating a few pixels. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe an hour and a half to two hours. Ballpark. I tend to fall into my work and lose track of time. :) Plus, I'm nit-picky about stuff, which means I'll go back and fiddle over and over after I'm supposedly finished. :)
Here's an example. I've already been back at it, tweaking and improving. :)

Attachments

• 4jxhnhi1blo01_edit5.png
    4jxhnhi1blo01_edit5.png
    570.5 KB · Views: 10
Like Sam said "Given the starting point " I think you've done an excellent job and one to be proud of :^)

Back