What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photomanipulation based on" Friday The 13th The Game".

kzOFFBEAT

I like the concept and the colors :thumbsup:, do you want any constructive critique or tips?

Last edited:

kzOFFBEAT

This is very minor things and just an extra tip for more realism because now I don't know how long you've been photoshopping for and as I said earlier the concept and colors and overall image is already good :cheesygrin:.

For things surrounded by grass we usually use mask and fade out parts that is behind grass, right? This is the most common and basic and fastest way we go about this manner. But try this technique out and mix around with the brush settings, I think you will like the outcome aswell. This can be used for realistic fur creation also.
To the point: choose grass brush, the general brush that comes with photoshop, the 3 grass blades. Go to brush settings > shape dynamics and tweak around with the angle jitter so that the blades angles is to your liking. Deactivate color dynamics since it changes the color tones on each click. Then try around with the spacing for the brush to get the spacing you want and the most accurate. Now use this brush on 100% opacity and brush around the objects on the mask to get a more realistic approach to things laying in the grass. :thumbsup:

Practice or try around with different color corrections (color balance mostly used) and levels for the objects you add to a photo to make them blend it just a bit more.

But once again, good work and keep going. Do you have a deviantart account where you upload your art so I can see more? :cheesygrin:

Last edited:

ZeroCool22

Banned
This is very minor things and just an extra tip for more realism because now I don't know how long you've been photoshopping for and as I said earlier the concept and colors and overall image is already good :cheesygrin:.

For things surrounded by grass we usually use mask and fade out parts that is behind grass, right? This is the most common and basic and fastest way we go about this manner. But try this technique out and mix around with the brush settings, I think you will like the outcome aswell. This can be used for realistic fur creation also.
To the point: choose grass brush, the general brush that comes with photoshop, the 3 grass blades. Go to brush settings > shape dynamics and tweak around with the angle jitter so that the blades angles is to your liking. Deactivate color dynamics since it changes the color tones on each click. Then try around with the spacing for the brush to get the spacing you want and the most accurate. Now use this brush on 100% opacity and brush around the objects on the mask to get a more realistic approach to things laying in the grass. :thumbsup:

Practice or try around with different color corrections (color balance mostly used) and levels for the objects you add to a photo to make them blend it just a bit more.

But once again, good work and keep going. Do you have a deviantart account where you upload your art so I can see more? :cheesygrin:

I already used that technique in the comp. here you can see it without the grass mask:

ofZem4M.jpg

Same for the other objects touching the grass.

*Without color dynamics

Maybe a little more space between the grasses could be better.

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
As posted on TTG..

Your composition is good but in order to make the whole design look like one piece, you need to work on blending all elements.

kzOFFBEAT

I laready used that technique in the comp. here you can see it without the grass mask:

ofZem4M.jpg

Same for the other objects touching the grass.

*Without color dynamics

Maybe a little more space between the grasses could be better.
Ah yes, I see :cheesygrin: looked a bit blurry so didn't noticed that good, wrong of me then. Then it's just the blending to work a little more on, good base though!