What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PhotoShop 6 installation

wetterfugal

PhotoShop 6 installation

I have just reinstalled 6 on to a new computer and I got a screen message stating words to the effect that I have chosen to install PhotoShop and something else in the same volume and it may cause problems. I should move them into different volumes or ideally on to different drives. I have moved on from that screen now and I can't get back to it to tell you what it said exactly.

Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it?

Hi wetterfugal and welcome to the board :perfect:

The message has to do with the location of scratch disk and that it is in the same partition and/or drive as your Photoshop installation.
For performance reasons it's better to have your scratch disk in a separate partition and even better, on a separate drive.

You can change the location of your scratch disk here; Edit/Preferences/Memory & Image Cache... and then select Plus-Ins & Scratch Disk and select the desired partition or drive beside the section called First.

Welcome aboard wetterfungal

Enjoy your time here with this wonderful bunch of Photoshoppers!

mistype hey Wendy........... Photoshoppernutters :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sfm

Back