What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photoshop action

mrdinh

i do series of steps and record the action....then i open a new image...play the action...a error message "the command make is currently not available"..or other steps of the action...not available....

what am i doing wrong...cannot run the action

help please thanks

Welcome to the community mrdinh. Hope you enjoy your stay. [excited]

That usually means that somewhere along the way, something you did did NOT get recorded. And it's the following step that produces the error, even though it's not the cause of the error.

Can you outline for use the steps you used to create the action? What are you trying to do with the action? This will help us to see what steps you're using that are not getting recoreded.

here is an example:

1. open a new image
2. create new action set
3. create new action record
4. rezize image
5. image adjust autolevel
6.filter...unsharp mask
7. file save as
8. stop recording

i usually have more steps then that ie...more filters...layers..etc...but you get the picture right?

Hiya mrdinh, I think what you have done is include the "Open" step and you are trying to run the Action on an already open document.

Try running the same action via the "Batch" command. Put the image into a folder.
ThenFile > Automate > Batch : "Your new action"
Navigate to the folder and let the action do it's stuff.

You can create the action to run on an open document, just leave out the 'Open' command. Try switching it off in the Action palette and run that on the open document.

Al

Back