What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CC 2015.1

gedstar

Guru
Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
FONT FILTER!!!!!!!

At last!

Only took 28 years!

Thanks for the heads-up Ged.

First impressions:
It seems more responsive.
Not keen on the 'dumbed down' icons.....why is there a Broadsword for the Magic Wand tool?

tool_bar_MT_01.png

Being able to 'customize' the toolbar is a nice addition but was it really needed?
'Open' text boxes.....hmmmmm, not sure on that one yet...

flat_text_boxes_MT_01.png

Colour swatches are now ENORMOUS....why?
Grid in 'Dot' mode is still covering the workspace.
Text now has options in the 'Properties' panel to move the text and paragraph text, although for me paragraph text just resets itself....couldn't move a thing....could be operator error though.
Workspace dropdown on the menu bar randomly disables itself.

On the whole its better but still has that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" element to it.
Why do Adobe insist on adding new stuff to a broken framework....why don't they get PS 99.9% working first, THEN add stuff to it?

That said, biggest improvement for me is font filtering...and being able to 'favourite' them....thats a BIG Plus point! (28 years too late but still.)

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
"Why do Adobe insist on adding new stuff to a broken framework....why don't they get PS 99.9% working first, THEN add stuff to it?"

Agreed MrTom
I see what you mean about the color swatches, still PS does seem to run better! and a lot of the bugs have been sorted, we just have to wait for CC2016 and another six months on bugs to iron out. :cheesygrin:

MrToM

Guru
...still PS does seem to run better!...
Yeah....its difficult to explain but the moment I opened it up with a default new doc and scrubby zoomed it just 'felt' much smoother and less fragile than before....ya know?

I know you've not had as many issues with it as myself but there is definitely 'an' improvement.

Still not sure about those 'flat' text boxes though.....I'm so used to seeing a box and clicking in it. Now its kind of "where do I click?"....even though there isn't actually any difference.

Large swatches....are they following the "BIG" stoooopid watch trend that seems popular for some god only knows reason do you think?

(That's a very tenuous link but I think you'll get it) :rofl:

I do like the darker BG to the dialogs though......but having said that the UI colour scheme is messed up with MY panel!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

(Check out the Lightest AND Darkest theme.....my panel buttons default to NAFF!). The middle two are ok though but still....."If it ain't broke....."

I see they kept the same dreadful 'hidden' (Ctrl + About PS trick), image.
The splash screen is cool though.

Regards.
MrToM.

MikeMc

McGuru
I'm staying back in the DARK age with CS 5.5...... I finally get most of it, and no need for 3D by me