What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #10

Stric9

Power User
Hey everybody give a round of applause to Paul for week 9 challenge.

Thanks Paul for asking me to do challenge number 10.

This week may seem like kind of a drag to some but I enjoy working with channels and channel based selections. So this week we have HAIR SELECTIONS.

For Hair Selections you can see this thread from earlier this week where I did a tut to select hair. http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...background-these-two-images-2.html#post113532

Its post number 12 in that thread.

There are also various tutorials to follow on youtube for hair selection.

Here is a compilation picture I have done recently.
tyra_banks_1.jpg
Original.jpg
City.jpg
Good Luck and Have Fun!!!!

This might seem like kind of a drag, but it´s something really really useful to learn. :)

Hair is probably the hardest of all photoshop 'asks', this will be a hard but well worth while challenge.

It is a good challange.

I'm in but as usually for me it'll take several days before my inspiration and imagination wakes up :)

i had a quick go with a tiger.
Original:
flickr_goldentiger-thumb-400x602.jpg

cut:
tiger.jpg
this was my first try cutting out hairy beasts in such a way, so do excuse me if i have missed parts or it doesn't look right.

I think it's an excellent challenge. It's something we've all seen done badly many times - and most of us have mucked it up ourselves.

*off to find inspiration*

Very nice examples Stric9. Like I said in another thread, you're my hero! Don't get too big a head though, you're not my only her, LOL. I like this challenge. I'm glad I recently tried the channels method I found. Now I'll look for some others, including yours. Thanks a bunch. It is useful and makes a big difference in this kind of extraction looking awful and amateurish vs. pretty cool and guru-ish!

Back