What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS - just released.

This is it!
And, contrary to what I said earlier, I suppose that, when looking at all the features, this is, to say the least, a very tempting upgrade!
I hope I don'tdo anything illegal by posting the pdf file here (if so, it'll be immediately removed by me or another mod)

Thanks, Stu! :perfect:

No problem bud :D

I dont know where adjustment layers for filters went [saywhat]

I suppose it was changed into the Filter Gallery with a preview for stacked effects?

Also: layers can be stacked up to five levels, and different sets of layers can be saved!?!

looks fine to me...but (this is an inside joke) first the mesh surgery!

also: there is now an activation like on WinXP. It is already used for win, and will be implemented soon for mac too: on install, the soft creates a special code that corresponds with your hardware (CPU number etc). To activate, your code is combined with your serial, and PS is activated after registration online, by mail or by phone. Now, when installing on another puter, the hardware will be different, so the activation won't work. You will keep the right though to install on a laptop also when you don't use both versions together.

also2: InDesign, Illustrator etc have all taken the step to CS at once. BusyBoyz over there in the Indian mud...

I have to admit that, from this overview anyway, I'm not going to rush out and be the first on my block...

I do hope the Filter Gallery is for items from Adobe's filter menu and doesn't replace Layer Styles. If that proves to be the case and there are some new filters in addition to the preview feature of multiple effects, that would be very interesting. Type on a path is also of interest to me... but then I've always had a plug-in to do that anyway. The biggest changes of the new CS packaging seems to be the attempt to sell a suite of integrated apps which is a good marketing idea and will encourage more people to purchase the suite.

Of all the news about the new Adobe releases, the fact that Illustrator CS incorporates "most of the features of Adobe Dimensions" is most interesting to me.

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/09/28/adobe/index.php?redirect=1064788121000

This is what I read about Photoshop "8" a while back;

"Photoshop 8 will also include "filter layers," allowing for non-destructive image editing and manipulations, similar to Adobe After Effects' adjustment layers."

I was really excited about that!!

Guess what, I don't see any "flter layers" in this version.

What a disappointment! :(| }:\

Ahhh...a suite. Like Macromedia's MX. Who's gonna call their lawyers first this time? [innocent]

Like GBSenior said: "Wait, and see!"

The photo filters have adjustment layers :) .

I was kind of dissapointed until I got the 1.8m pdf and slowly perused through,there are some real goodies for everyone in there.The majority seems to be workflow though,but at least this time 16 bit functionality is in there :D

Stu.

I was checking this out this morning during class... couldn't watch the quicktime movies though till I got home but looks nice... and NAPP members might be getting a discount (gotta see which is cheaper NAPP or the student rate)

16 bit support does not mean that it is a real 64bit app right now!

that will take at least another year or two, maybe three because most people are working on 8 bit. For people with scanning soft that imports in 16 bit and allows to export in it too, and that has no curves etc, this might be fun.

The adj layers will indeed be limited to the photofilters.

I still feel that everyone should balance for her/himself what *one* can do with it with what *I* can do with it, whether I cannot live without that, and then decide whether the investment is OK. Because every upgrade is indeed "a real must have this time". 7 gives me more than I will ever need, and some things are indeed tempting, but they are more workflow (I'm not making money from it, so time is on my side) and plugin-like functionality.

let's wait untill the initial wave of oohs and aahs has calmed down. my idea.

Back