What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop dissapeared from my IMAC.....HELP!

greener

Double clicked on my photoshop 7 icon in the dock and the whole program dissapeared. Please help! OS X 10.2.6 :(

Hmmm,I am using 9.1 {ya a Luddite :) so I dont know how much help I can be.

PS will still be there Greener,it just seems your alias has gotten corrupt,or the OSX derivative of it.Try making a new alias and then add it to the dock,or is it the program icon itself which shows up in the dock? Not knowing OSX myself maybe the help files could give you a clue or two to what may have happened.

Have you tried restarting?,what have you already tried? :)

Stu.

Hi Greener,

Do you run the "task schedules"? The daily, weekly and monthly tasks built into OSX. If not, get a hold of MacJanitor or Cocktail. These utilities allow you to run the tasks manually at any time. I run them at least once a week and have had no system problems. The tasks run automatically if you leave your Mac on overnight, but you are unlikely to have done that. In the meantime you could run the Apple Disk Utility which is supplied with the system utilities. Use it to Verify & Repair the permissions. Have you installed the latest Firmware update? Get it from Apple downloads.
After running any of the above, check in the Applications folder. The Photoshop application should still be there. Just drag the main PS icon to the Dock.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Cheers Al

Hi Greener! :)

I can be of absolutely no help to you with your problem as I only work on a PC. However, it looks like kiwi and Rantin Al have offered up some things for you to try. :perfect:

I just want to welcome you to the forum! ;)

Just another thought Greener. You only need a single click on the Dock icons to start an application or whatever. I think you may have just accidently dragged the icon out of the Dock. My earlier advice still stands for the tasks.

Cheers Al

thanks! But that didn't work.

It's not here? I checked the trash and every wher else. I did a search and I get plugins, text documents but no program.

Hi

I do have a PC and once something similar happen to me.I used system tools and system restore to restore my computer an earlier time with creating a restore point.
If this is of any help... :)

All I can suggest is run the Disk Utility, Greener.
Did you get a copy of MacJanitor and run the tasks yet?
Have you got the latest Firmware update installed?

Try double-clicking on any psd file. If Photoshop is just "hiding", then it should open the file.

If none of this works then just re-install Photoshop.
Got the 7.0.1 updater yet.

Cheers Al

Back