What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Photoshop doesn't recognize percentages when recording... any work around?

Rikard

I'm trying to record an action that creates a phi thirds grid. Phi isn't equal columns, so the only way to do this is based on percentages—i.e., the margins would each be a percentage such as 38.34%. I can put all the percentages into the New Guide Layout dialog, but when it actually records the action it replaces the percentages with the equivalent pixel values. This makes the action useless as I can't use it on any image that has different pixel dimensions.

Any ideas?

Rikard

Thanks for your response and since posting, I did figure out that this was the way to do it. And seeing that you were kind enough to share your action, here's mine—it's a little cleaner than yours in my opinion but feel free to use or discard it.

The primary difference is that mine doesn't create the unnecessary outside grid lines.