What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photoshop frames and borders

egosbar

Guru
just wondering if anyone knows of a great plugin or action set for frame and border templates or creating your own frames

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Did you know PS has a built in feature for Frames? Open Edit/Fill, Use: Patterns, check Scripted Patterns. In the drop down check Picture Frames.
May not be exactly what you want, but it's there if you want to use it. (I am using CC, so don't know how long it's been there in previous versions)

egosbar

Guru
yeah not much in there , i had a pretty good frames actions pack a year or so ago but have lost it when i upgraded my computer and subscribed to ps cc , cant remember what it was called

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Like I said..but some may be unaware of it and it can be used for quick frames, it is kinda cool I think.
yeah not much in there , i had a pretty good frames actions pack a year or so ago but have lost it when i upgraded my computer and subscribed to ps cc , cant remember what it was called

egosbar

Guru
only problem with this feature is it encroaches on your image , im after a frame that goes around the image size , usually i just create a new layer and resize the canvas too about .7 of a centimeter then fill with black but im looking for some really nice frame actions