What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop guru's official tutorials?

Ultiman

I want to know if there are any people inside this forum that would consider helping create a set of video Tutorials aimed at varying skill levels I know there are a tone of helpful tutorials around but I would like to create a set tailor made dedicated to this website (if multiple users are creating tutorials they would all have the same Intro's something approved by admin)

we could even hold a comp

Since we are a forum about helping users learn about Photoshop we will never lack interesting topics for tutorials

im just gathering thoughts At the moment and any one who wishes to help in any way would be great

What do you think a Photoshop Guru youtube channel lol :p

If anyone that wants to help is unsure how to make a video tutorial i can help

I wish to cover a varying range of things from basic to pro

The fundamentals Discovering the ui, how to import export etc.
Use full hot keys and where to use them
Utilizing light sources
creating great glows
The art of vectoring "pen tool"
I could go on you get the point

maybe have tutorials dedicated to our members question's which could be locked away in a "solved" section or something once you get the hang of it a webcast/tutorial takes no time at all, I'm just brain storming now

is any one interested in helping it doesn't mean you have to create tutorials perhaps just coming up with new and interesting topics to cover that would be considered helping

any one else have any great ideas? i am currently uploading a tutorial i made for one of our new members just as a test of quality nothing serious but ill post when its uploaded

Ultiman

Here is my first tutorial

Learning Photoshop: Useful ways to import an image into photoshop

ill post it here as it is related alto there is a separate post containing it

I will help, i made one a few days ago, it's aimed at beginners and it's on Resizing photo's in Photoshop, i did it mainly for my marble forum but it could apply to all i guess...

Ultiman

Nice tute man yeah that's the stuff

is that one of your beats i like it :) i think if we make a "set" of tutorials it would be good to have the same theme song and and same intro

and lol no im not shy i like it that way i tend to ramble on so that way its to the point quick an easy

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
This is a great idea.... and I think it's a great idea to have a PSG youtube channel.

Actually I have been trying to find a suitable youtube account name that is available for a while now without a lot of luck. If you guys happen to find a good name that is available send me a PM about it.

Thank you both for posting your tutorials here, let's build on this idea and see what we can come up with.

Ultiman you have some good points about keeping an intro (and maybe music) uniform through the videos if we build a set of official tuts. One of our members who is very good with After Effects already sent me some very cool logo opening's that could be used at the start of each video.

I do think it's usually better to use voice, but text instructions are fine as long as they are large enough to read and are easy to follow on the screen.

Ultiman

Oh ic PSGurus, PSGuru, PhotoShopGurus, PhotoShopGuru, is taken not going to be as simple as i hoped :p

these are not taken at the time of post
My fav: GFXGurus put simple GFX is cool

some others
LessonsWithPSG
PSGTutorials
XxPSGuruxX
GFXGenius <- i might use this as my personal name lol kidding

Last edited:

Yutosi

Power User
I can help with the intro if needed. We could post it up as a quicktime vid or similar universal format that anyone can use in an editor like Camtasia.

GFXGurus sounds like a good name :)

I have the Adobe Suite so what ever format the Intro is in, i can work with it, im not an expert in Ae but i know my way around it... I like using Camtasia because it's so easy to use, you record and produce. Im sure i would say the same thing about Ae if i sat down with it for about a week straight...

That was the second video tut i ever made and the first with voice so it may be a bit sketchy, i was a bit nervous... Got the job done tho!! Like i said im game, maybe we should start pulling the team together...

Tron

Guru
Cool video Gaus!

The Logo is a bit hard to see most of the time, and t could use a tag line like "Photoshop Tutorials" or something under the PSG lettering, but it's a great start.

I agree, the text needs to be more prominent and showed more... Maybe once the energy ball comes out the text can stay and have the ball take it back away as it ends to the outro..

iDad

Guru
that's very cool................. but yeah, text needs more visibility . nicely done though! hats off to you!

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Thanks for the input... giving it another go. Will post new vid shortly :)

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Sure thing.... but you need to have Trapcode Particular 2.1 to render it. If you don't have Particular I can send you the .mov file in HD and you can easily use it with Camtasia or Premiere Pro.

iDad

Guru
man I gotta get Ae

Sure thing.... but you need to have Trapcode Particular 2.1 to render it. If you don't have Particular I can send you the .mov file in HD and you can easily use it with Camtasia or Premiere Pro.

I called my cousin who is in college and he is one his way over right now, he said he has some kind of "Red Giant" Suite that he purchased online?? Not sure what it is but he said it's some plugins for Ae and that Trapcode Particular 2.1 is in the suite...

I want the raw file so i can add the lesson version or title to me tuts... The only thing ill use Camtasia for is the recording part. Ill probably wind up using it for it's incredible Zoom functionality but other than that, im going to sit down this week and get busy with Ae so don't be surprised if you see me throwing up Test videos of me tinkering with Ae :devilish:

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Version 2 is uploading now.

You are probably better off using Premiere Pro than After Effects for the editing work. AE is mostly for making short fx-heavy sequences like this logo opening, but then when you add the rest of the tutorial video you should bring it into Premiere.

I really dislike the way AE handles audio, so even with this short clip I rendered out the video from AE and then brought it into Premiere to add the sound.