What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photoshop images window often disappear under tools pallets and windows columns.

nurgle

Hi, I have a problem occasionally that my window I am working on, when I press command zero, it will tuck under the tool plate and the options work space windows to the left and the right.. and it is a dam hassle to get it back to where I can retouch to the very right border.

is there any way of stoping this ?

regards, Sandy

screen goes under menus.jpg

Hi @nurgle /Sandy
In general, the Cmd+0 on a Mac (CNTL + 0 and PC) makes the image fit in the window.
The window is bounded by any "docked" toolbars pallets etc.
If you have "undocked" toolbars, pallets, etc then they will be floating over the image window and the image will show up under those toolbars, pallets, etc.
The green button just says maximize the window to the full screen (and at least in my experience) take up its own desktop. So you also have to make sure that Photoshop is not moved to be outside the screen boundaries as well when not maximized.

If you want to have all the all or aprticular pallets disappear on a regular basis, first close them and then create a new workspace via Windows > Workspace > New Workspace with a unique name. I bet you could even assign a keyboard shortcut to it (though I have not verified that).

Hope that helps
John Wheeler

thank you will try. in Photoshop CS6 that was a seperate window that th image window fitted inside. can't find where that is in Phtosho 2022.
regards, Sandy

If you have "undocked" toolbars, pallets, etc then they will be floating over the image window and the image will show up under those toolbars, pallets, etc.
Agreed! This appears to be the problem. Dock your Toolbar and your Panel Icons and you won't have this problem.

Back